#5

Authors Note: Sorry these are taking so long!!! Summer break is in a few weeks and from that point on I will be posting a lot more! Hope you're still enjoying the book and thank you so much for the support on this! It means a lot to me <3
Prompt: When you draw on your body/get something like ink/paint on yourself, it appears on your soulmate too.
AU: Minecraft AU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karl was always bad at remembering little things. Maybe it was because of his time traveling adventures, or maybe he just had to much to think about. Whatever the reason, he somehow picked up the habit of writing little reminders on his wrists in ink.

Over time, Karl would sometimes see little snarky remarks written in response to his notes in red pen. He would respond with his own sarcasm in purple ink. Soon, those became their signature colors.

This seemed to make the world a little more colorful for Karl. He could not lay his eyes on the color red without his soulmate's latest comment floating to the surface of his mind.

And the same went for his not-yet-encountered soulmate. Purple was a reminder that always gained a smile and a glance down at an ink covered wrist.

One afternoon, Karl went out into the woods. He had no plan. No route. He just went where the world took him.

Turns out, the world had big plans for him.

The leaves that scattered the hearth below crunched as he walked. A gentle breeze made the canopy above sway. Karl walked deeper. And deeper. And deeper.

He finally reached a clearing in the woods that he was satisfied with stopping at. Tall mushrooms that reached up to the heavens sprouted all around.

There was a particularly short one just a little bit to the left of the center of the clearing. For some reason, Karl felt slightly drawn to it. It enticed him, pleaded for him to come near. He obeyed the wishes of his own subconscious, and he stepped closer.

As he approached, a gentle hum filled his ears. At first, he assumed it to be the gentle buzz of a bee, fast at work, pollinating the forest flowers. However, he grew closer and found it not to be a bee, but a human.

Karl recognized the tune to belong to a disc. Coincidentally, it was Karl's favorite disk.

He walked closer until the source of the humming was in sight. It was a young man, around Karl's age, sitting atop the smaller mushroom. He wore a white tee shirt with what looked to be a flame on it, black sweatpants, a black undershirt, and a white ribbon wrapped around his forehead and tied neatly in the back.

He had an attractive face, tan skin, deep brown eyes that shimmered as the light hit them, and shaggy black hair.

Karl definitely didn't blush while looking at the stranger. He would never... right?

"Hello?" Karl said, breaking the silence. The stranger stopped his tune.

"Hi," the man said in return, a small wave accompanying his speech.

As attractive as the man was to Karl, his deep, velvety voice only made Karl slip into the void of love he had been so narrowly avoiding.

The man smiled, only making Karl suffer more. "Why don't you join me up here? You seem... interesting."

Coming from anyone else, Karl would have made a sarcastic comment in return, but the way the stranger said it... Karl couldn't explain. His voice had a genuine sense of wander, pure curiosity, and maybe even gentle intrigue.

Karl found a way to climb up with ease, and he soon sat atop the mushroom alongside the man.

"So," the stranger started, "tell me about yourself."
Karl shrugged. "What is there to tell?"
"You could start with your name."
"Only if you tell me your's first."
"Fine, Sapnap."
"Karl Jacobs"

Sapnap smiled with satisfaction. God, that smile would be the end of Karl.

"So, Karl," Sapnap said, "do you happen to be in a relationship currently?"

Karl turned bright red. "What kind of a question is that? We just met!" Karl thought as he tried to suppress his embarrassment.

"No, I'm single," Karl said after finally regaining his confidence.

"Interesting," Sapnap looked down at his wrist, "it's just that I noticed the writing on our wrists look rather similar. Don't you think?" He held up his wrist for Karl to look at.

Sure enough, Karl's neat handwriting was plastered against Sapnap's skin in purple ink.

Karl showed the Sapnap his wrist, the same message scribbled out. He received a slight smirk from the other.

Karl studied his wrist. "Does this mean we're..." "Soulmates?" Sapnap finished for him.

They both locked eyes for a moment. Although it was brief, they shared a kind of silent conversation.

"You said you weren't in a relationship, well, would you like to be?" Sapnap said, an eyebrow raised gently.

Karl smiled sweetly. "I would love to."

And with that, the two lovers continued on with life. Just like the day they met, they had no plan. They just went where the world took them. And it seems, the world still has big plans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note: Guess I was in a poetic mood while writing this. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda really proud of this? What do you guys think? Was my bad writing actually good for once?