Visitor

May Kings Shop

Gracie May was packing up some new orders when an old man with a walking stick came in "oh hello sir" she smiled but he didn't reply he had a stern cold look on his face.

Gracie got shivers down her spine 'this is the man Tommy warned me about' she thought to herself "would you like to try one of my suits or a dress for the misses" The old man finally spoke up "there's no misses for me lady I did have one but someone you are close to stole her from me" he replied bluntly and there it was the Irish accent that Tommy warned her about.

Gracie shrugged off any nerves she was feeling "sorry sir I don't understand" Gracie May smiled back playing dumb "ah now you do know Gracie May Jane Kings" Gracies heart dropped as the man said her full name "sorry sir what are you doing in my shop then, if you aren't buying clothes please leave" Gracie spoke in a sharper done "now Gracie May I wouldn't be getting annoyed at me, come on in lads" he ordered and a bunch of coppers entered Gracies shop "I've heard the Shelby's are busy today is that correct" he asked "May I know your name sir" Gracie asked "since you know mine".

He chuckled at her response "you do remind me of Grace Gracie May but anyways my name is Inspector Campbell and I Miss Kings will be letting these men right here" he started pointing at the coppers that stood tall around him "ruin your shop because Gracie May you work with the Peaky Blinders supplying them caps" Gracies heart ached "this isn't right sir" she shouted "and neither is your English but you aren't English your Swedish" he taunted her, Gracie May was very insecure about her English and since coming to Birmingham her speech as become better "well that's no way to speak to a lady" Gracie growled "right men off you go" he signalled the coppers to start wrecking the shop and that's what they did.

"Stop it no" Gracie screamed as tears flowed down her face "please stop it" Inspector Campbell was enjoying every minute of it "no don't you dare" she roared at a copper who was ripping her materials into pieces, they pulled all the shelving off the walls, threw all the clothes off the hangers, smashed her front windows and burnt all her new orders "that's enough lads" Inspector shouted causing them all to stop and leave the shop "you are a dirty horrible man" Gracie May spat earning a kick in the stomach from him "you're a Shelby whore" he shouted back before leaving.

Gracie May crawled into the corner of her wrecked shop and cried her heart out "I worked so hard mama" she whimpered speaking to her mother who has raised her and taught her English "I'm sorry Daddy I really am I know you would have been proud of me and my shop". After a few minutes Finn and an other blinder Isaiah ran into the shop "Gracie are you there" Finn shouted looking around "here Finn" Isaiah whispered to his friend nodding towards a tired looking girl who had tear stains running down her beautiful cheeks "come on flower let's get you to Pols eh" Finn helped Gracie May stand "it happened so quickly Finn I-I tried to stop them" she cried "it's ok Gracie we will talk to Tommy" Isaiah told her feeling sympathy for the young woman.

Pols Old House

Gracie was sat at the kitchen table "who stays here now since Pol moved out" Gracie asked "Tommy me and Isaiah stays over a lot" Finn told her smiling "Polly will be here in a few minutes we had a family meeting not long ago" Gracie nodded as Finn explained everything "thank you" Gracie croaked out "don't stress" Finn said hugging her "now John and Arthur wouldn't want to see Flower upset would they" He joked making Gracie let out a musical laugh "Gracie right tell me what happened" Tommy said making his presence known.

"Thomas where's Pol" Finn asked "gone home with Micheal I'll deal with this, Finn go with Isaiah and get a few cleaners to clean up the shop" Finn waved goodbye to Gracie before leaving "was it the Inspector" Tommy asked softly "yeah he knew I sell the caps to you" she replied wiping her eyes "he then got a bunch of coppers to wreck the shop and I insulted him so he kicked my ribs" Thomas's heart jumped hearing the panic behind Gracies voice "I'll get this sorted alright you'll have a week off it'll take a while to get the shop back to its original look" Gracie nodded gratefully "thank you so much" Gracies smiled hugging Tommy, of course he was taking back as Thomas wasn't a hugger but he let himself relax and hugged her back "I was so scared" she whispered "it's alright now Gracie your safe" the two let go off each other and stared at one another's eyes.