2 | The Wish

“No matter how your heart is bleeding, if you just keep on believing. A dream is a wish that will come true.”— Cinderella

Chapter Two
-

MIDNIGHT LOOKED AT the white-haired girl who was muttering to herself over and over about how this was a dream and that this couldn't be happening to her.

"No, no. Maybe it's just a dream.. yeah just a dream." The girl muttered, in denial.

"I'm going to go back to sleep and when I wake up, everything is going back to normal.. yeah."

Midnight looked at her niece and pity flooded her heart.

She's in denial. She thought to herself. But in denial or not, she must go to school today.

And with that, Midnight put her hands on her hips and planted a strict scowl on her face.

"Itchei you better get out of bed right now or you're leaving without all your gadgets." She threatened.

Before the latter could respond, she added. "You already packed your stuff last night. All that's left is for you to get the hell up, take a bath, fix yourself, and leave for school."

Ishii was beyond confused. Why was Midnight, the hero from the anime My Hero Academia talking to her?

Maybe this was really a dream. But she's never dreamt about something like this before. Her dreams were full of darkness. But this one.. she could even talk in this dream.

"Itchei are you even listening to me?" Midnight snapped as she asked the girl with a scowl on her face.

Ishii looked up at the hero, still clueless as to what was happening.

If this is a dream... Ishii started thinking to herself. Then I'm going to make the most of it.

She looked at the pro hero, Midnight. She was clueless as to why she was here. She liked the pro hero, sure, but Midnight wasn't her favorite character in that anime, that's why she was wondering why the former was involved in this dream of hers.

Suddenly, a surge of pain erupted from her temple and snippets of her memories from the previous day started flashing through her head.

“I wish...” The memory played amongst at the top of her mind like a broken record.

She was surrounded by friends, family, and acquaintances. She was making a wish and reciting it inside her head. She pictured the only anime that she could possibly have an exciting, mind-boggling, and potentially... happy life. Those were the only three things she wanted in her dull, boring, and repetitive life. And the only anime that could give her all those three was...

"I wish I was in Boku No Hero Academia." She recited her wish, knowing that it wouldn't come true, because what kind of reality would wishes like those come true, even?

"Itchei, you should really go to school today."

She sucked in a sharp breath when she was brought back to reality by the pro hero, Midnight.

"It's your first day. Not to mention, you're a transferee and you have to catch up with the rest of the students in your class." The lady started rambling.

"Okay." Ishii answered, though still clueless about what Midnight was talking about. "I'll go to school, where's my stuff?"

As Midnight showed her where all of her stuff was— her school bag, a huge suitcase, and a couple of duffles— Ishii just nodded along, trying to process what was happening.

"Your dorm rooms are already assigned to you so that's that." Midnight mentioned.

Ishii vaguely remembers the same thing happening in the anime. The students of UA were asked to move inside dormitories for their safety because of the League of Villains in their second semester.

Kayama Nemuri, aka Midnight left her niece inside her bedroom while the latter was deep in thought.

Ishii's brows furrowed. Could this be her wish coming true?

She shook her head. No, it can't be.

This is just a dream.

So like she said earlier..

If this is a dream...

She started making her way to the bathroom, with the goal of taking a bath in her.. anime form.

She stripped off her clothes and turned on the shower, feeling the cold water meet her body in waves.

Then I'm going to make the most of it.

-