12 | Training With Bakugo

“Sometimes surviving is the worst kind of pain.” — Anonymous

Chapter Twelve
-

IT WAS FIVE in the morning when Ishii found herself trudging through the dark morning light, making her way to gym gamma. She internally cursed herself for staying up late to read the rest of her journal to find out more about these two quirks of hers.

She sighed, looking at the clothes she decided to throw on whilst she was half-asleep. She was wearing a plain black muscle tee paired with black spandex shorts. Her feet were in black iconic socks with skull prints on them and a pair of white slides.

She went over to the door of gym gamma, only to find that it was already nudged open.

She blinked, peeking inside before eventually coming in. "Hello?"

"You're late." A familiar voice grumbled out.

She looked over to where the voice came from and saw Bakugo standing at the other side of the gym.

"You told me to meet you at five though.." She trailed off.

"Five sharp, not 5:06." He ratted her out. He then narrowed his eyes at her, rolling up his sleeves.

It was only then that Ishii noticed what he was wearing. It was a pair of black shorts, a black muscle tee with a skull on it, and a pair of black slides. It was a totally ripoff of her outfit!

"Come on." Bakugo called out to her as he walked in the middle of the gym.

She followed suit and stared at him, noticing that he was looking at her expectantly. "Um.."

"Well?" Bakugo seethed, his right hand already setting off tiny explosions. "Get to work!"

She blinked. "I told you I don't know how to use my quirks.."

A tick mark appeared on his forehead, "Idiot, you won't know unless you fucking try."

He went over behind her and held her hand out with his. Ishii's breath hitched at the close proximity but shrugged off the unfamiliar queasy feeling in her stomach.

His lips were close to her ear, "Try to focus on releasing your incense here."

He then separated from her and went back to his original position, looking at her expectantly. "Go."

She blinked and then nodded. She focused on channeling her energy into her right hand. She felt an unknown feeling course through her veins as she clenched her eyes shut, seeing nothing but darkness. Unconsciously, she had raised her left arm as well.

Bakugo looked on as small wisps of smoke started to come out of the tips of her fingers and the palm of her hands.

"Keep going." He instructed, watching as bigger wisps of smoke came out of her hands. He was careful to not breathe in any on accident as he pulled the hem of his shirt over his nose and mouth.

He watched in mild (like about 0.01% or that's what he'd like to believe at least) amazement as the smoke in the air started to flow in specific swirls. They all seemed to be going in one direction— him.

He blinked, moving away slightly to take a small breath in before he spoke. "Try to take it back."

"What?" Ishii asked, not opening her eyes yet.

"I said take it all back in. If it goes out it can come back in, right?" Bakugo snarked, he was trying so hard not to breathe in.

Ishii ooh-ed in understanding before she imagined herself pulling the smoke back in. Consciously, the smoke started to pull back inside her hands, until there was no incense left in the air.