11 | Eavesdropper

Today I caught myself smiling for no reason... then I realized, I was thinking of you.”— Anonymous

Chapter Eleven
-

BAKUGO KATSUKI WAS not one to eavesdrop— okay maybe he is— but the moment that he heard the girl's voice through the door of the principal's office while he was on his way to get his new gear from Power Loader, he halted in his steps to listen to the conversation.

After listening to the meeting of the staff with the new student, he was stunned, to say the least. It wasn't everyday he encountered somebody who had a quirk— or quirks that were stronger than his, much less a girl for that matter. Not to mention she had a dark past that even she wasn't even aware of.

As he sat against the back rest of the couch, waiting for a certain someone to arrive, he sighed. It was half-past six. There was no sign of his classmates. They were all probably still training for the provisional exams, unlike him who decided to stay back for a bit because of what he heard from Ishii's conversation with the UA faculty earlier.

The sound of footsteps slowly came into earshot, making him glance up. "Oi, extra."

The girl who he called looked up at the sudden sound. Her eyebrows knitted in curiosity as she looked at the ash blonde boy leaning on the couch watching her.

"Oh it's you." She noted.

He blinked, an irk mark appearing on his forehead, "Like hell it's me."

"What's this shit about me being an anime?"

She froze. "How much did you hear?"

He looked away from the girl, indifference curving his features. ".. Enough."

Ishii felt dread flood her veins

Ishii felt dread flood her veins. From the anime, she'd seen Bakugo eavesdropping during the Sports Festival. This made her think that maybe the guy has a thing for overhearing other people's conversations.

"Oh."

"Don't just ‘oh’ me!" The boy snarled. "You've been hiding that damn quirk during training. The hell do you take me for? A weakling?"

She flinched a the loudness of his voice, but nonetheless turned to him with a sigh. "Listen, I don't know how to use any of these quirks."

Bakugo's rage simmered down as he paused, looking over at the girl. "What?"

Ishii shrugged, looking down at her feet as she fumbled with her hands. "If you heard the entire conversation with the staff—"

"I did." He cut in, making the girl sigh.

"Then you must know why I don't." She twiddled her fingers. She then looked up a the boy with shame-filled eyes.

"I don't exactly remember any of my days here. All I know is that I teleported to this world from another, because apparently that's one of my quirks a-and... I don't know how to use any of the two." She frustratedly gritted out, irritation flooding her heart.

Irritation towards herself for being forgetful. For letting the drawback of her quirk overpower her. She clenched her fists on each side of her body as she forced her eyes shut, feeling the tears that threatened to spill earlier, finally go down her cheeks.

She was so frustrated and irritated with herself. She couldn't even participate in the provisional license training earlier that was for ultimate moves. She kept making excuses of going out to get some things, or forgetting to do her extra homework for transferring late in the year, and so on and so forth. She doesn't know how her quirks work, how the hell could she make any ultimate moves?

"What is it?" Bakugo's voice cut through the silence, as he, for once did not scream his words.

"Huh?" She looked up, wiping her tears until it wasn't obvious that she cried, aside from the fact that her cheeks, the tip of her nose, and her eyes were mildly red.

Bakugo looked everywhere but her direction. "Your other quirk. What is it?"

She bit her lip before answering, "Incense."

"I can control everyone who inhales the incense my pores release for approximately thirty minutes." She explained further.

The ash blonde boy nodded, finally turning to look at her. When their eyes met, he swore there was some type of electricity that produced sparks between their gazes, making him internally curse out dunce face— even though some part of him knew that the Pikachu wasn't responsible for it.

"Do you know how to fight?" He suddenly asked the girl.

"Well— I don't know." She bit her lip as she averted her gaze in shame.

Bakugo tsk'ed as he gazed at the girl in question. "Your quirks are practically useless on the battlefield."

Imaginary arrows started hitting the girl's heart, and it wasn't even funny.

"Hey—" She started to protest but was cut off when her classmates came sauntering inside the dorm building.

"Kayama-san!" Uraraka waved at her with a smile. "Help me cook dinner, pretty please!"

Before Ishii could respond, her attention was once again stolen by the guy who she'd been talking to a few seconds ago.

"Meet me in Gym Gamma tomorrow, 5AM sharp, 2D-face." He turned away and left the common room, leaving the girl in deep thought.

She bit her lip as Uraraka dragged her to the kitchen, mulling over the words Bakugo Katsuki had just relayed to her. A small smile made its way to her face.

So this was his way of showing he cares.

Cute.

-

I used Picrew.Me for the OC!

Me for the OC!

IT'S ISHII! 💗