Lover V | Keith

Lover V | Keith

✄ — — — — — — — — — — —

Only to have an oversized cardigan over your victorian-style nightgown that reached down your ankles to keep yourself warm, you rushed down the stairs, heading to the source of bickering voices the masculine ones is talking softly to the fierce feminine ones.

"Father, Mother! Please stop this!"

Katarina has locked herself inside her room since afternoon and didn't show any sign to come out after accepting the proposal from the 3rd Prince to which you're thankful enough that he was being considerate despite her outfit when he should've critique it as other aristocrats would.

"Oh, I can't believe this!"The brown-haired woman shrieked, placing the back of her hand on her forehead in a dramatic manner that's giving a signal that she was about to faint if it wasn't for the burning sensation in her heart at the sight of an innocent-looking young boy, hiding behind his taller figure with his appearance deeply resembled the older male.

"How could you have an affair with someone else! And this boy—!"

She let her sentence was left unfinished as she casted her burning gaze on the nervous-looking young boy, realizing how his eyes were so similar with her husband's. All rumors that she heard throughout the manor that the kid was the child of one of Luigi's mistresses swirled in her mind that blocked her from thinking rationally.

Soon she snapped her head sharply to look at you with tears filled in her glistening aquamarine eyes,

"Oh, [Y/N] dear! Go wake up that young sister of yours and pack your things, we're moving out— NOW!"

The two gasped simultaneously in horror at her sudden declaration, hastily sprinting over to her side, only swatting Luigi away and hold you in her arms instead,

"T-This is too sudden! Please, let me explain everything, Darling!"

"Then why would you brought your illegitimate son here?! That's it, let's get divorce."

If the color from their faces could drain even more, they would look exactly like a corpse once their brains eventually processing her words,

"Honey?!"

"Mother?!"

"Don't touch my daughter with your filthy hands!"She hissed, pulling you closer in her embrace when Luigi attempted to take you away. Well, that's what her brain told her so.

"Mother, how about you take some rest for now?"You reassured and Luigi couldn't be grateful more to have you right now to calm down the whole situation upon seeing the debating look on his wife's face,

' This daughter of mine is a prodigy! ' He silently thought, mentally cheering after hearing a sigh of defeat coming from her wife.

Now all misunderstandings are cleared, let's enjoy our life as a happy family once again.

Haha, that's what he thought until—

"Fine, but we will leave tomorrow morning, alright?"

"Huh?"

"Alright."

His perplexity and anxiety mixed together upon hearing your instant reply.

"HUH?"

"That's my girl. You can pack your things and have some rest. You must be tired after all."

Ignoring her husband's shrill cry, she proceeded to walk to where her room is while the male; who is trying his best to have her attention- is following her from behind.

Not before he left you a simple task.

"[Y/N], can you show Keith's room? The one at the end of the hallway, near to Katarina's."

I could do that the least, is what you thought after agreeing to it as you can't wait to have your beauty sleep. Without dreaming about anything would be much better.

Your head slowly turned over to the boy, scanning his feature and watching him fidgeting his fingers while eyes remained down on the ground.

He looks familiar.

"M-My name is Keith."He suddenly stammered out his name despite you didn't ask for it. Though, you were glad that you didn't have to guess his name this time.

Not that you'll get it wrong on your first try when his name is familiar with the one your dream.

"Just follow me."Without waiting for his reply, you started walking without mentioning anything more nor telling your name. After the sudden recent event that occurred between the two married couple; currently in the middle of a fighting phrase—, it would be bizarre if he didn't know yours.

You didn't even turn around to check whether he is following you or not since you were pretty sure he is, after all, he was raised by aristocrats and lives among nobles. He wouldn't have any difficulty doing such a breeze action.

Nevertheless, your mind has been screaming for you to stop and turn around, at least once is enough.

You did after you spared a glance to the side on the large window, fully turning around for confirmation when you didn't see his reflection aside yours.

Only a dark empty hallway until the end.

There's no one there except you, all alone.

"Keith?"