Fortune III | Book

Fortune III | Book

✄ - - - - - - - - - - -

Knocking on the door of the room that belonged to the someone she knows; but not familiar enough — three times but didn't receive any reply that she wanted.

"Nee-sama, are you in there?"Katarina finally voiced out her own thought and took the handle in her hand and didn't hesitate to pull it down, startled when the door opened with a 'click' signalling that it was unlocked.

"What the- I thought she would lock her door . . ." She mumbled to herself but trailed off once her eyes were set on the types of furniture inside the room before letting her jaw dropped against the floor,

A dim orange light that was coming from the lamp on her wood carving table illuminating the room. She could see an antique wooden gear clock with Roman numbers on the top of the table surface. Aside from it, there is also an antique-looking globe that features multiple countries that she has never seen aside from the Sorcier on the floor.

Stepping inside the room illegally without your permission and quietly closing the door behind her, eyes remained on the victorian interior surrounding the room of yours that soon wandered around to every inch of it.

She could feel the vibe of Sherlock Holmes just by looking around your room and there is a wooden step ladder?!!

"Is she really an 8-year old kid?!"

"What are you doing here, Katarina?"

She suddenly let out a hideous high-pitched shriek of surprise, causing you to instantly brought your hands up to cover your ears with your palms while eyes screwed shut.

"Oh my god, I'm truly sorry, nee-sama!"She rushed to your side and held up an apologizing look on her feature,

"No worries."You held up your hand before giving her a look that could match with the words perplex and annoyed, "Tell me what you want. Soon, it will be midnight and you aren't allowed to walk in the hallway."

"Oh, right!"She snapped her fingers as if she suddenly remembered her reason coming here and with bright oceanic blue eyes gazing into your mismatched eyes along with a wide grin crept up to her face,

"Do you have any book that is easy to understand magic?"

You were taken aback. With the look of hope that she gave to you, it would be impossible for you to turn down her request as you might crushing down her spirit too.

Exhaling a low inaudible sigh through your nose, you then walked over to the corner of the room where dusty boxes could be seen with Katarina watching you from behind before her eyes averted to somewhere else.

『 Easy to understand!! Introduction to Magic! 』

You mentally read what was plastered on the book surface. You've known her for years and she isn't a someone who's good with academics. For someone like Katarina; the book that you used for only 2 months when you were a five- would use.

Standing up from your crouching position, you spun around with the book in your grasp to look for your little sister.

Only seeing her lying down while hugging the pillow close to her chest on the seat that you always slept on. More like it was your best since you want to save the space in your room as much as you could.

"You have a bay window seat?!"She beamed and despite the room was slightly dim, it looks her smile radiating a positive aura instead of the usual negative one. As if this one was trying to lighten up the air of the room.

". . Yes."

"That's so cool!!"

You answered with a silent nod and noticing by the look you gave her, she quickly shot herself straight up and instantly straightening the sheet as before she sat on it.

"Oh, sorry."Letting out an awkward laugh while rubbing the back of her head nervously, she walked over to where you're standing but it seems you didn't mind her rude behaviour at all and handed her the slight thick book,

"I didn't use these anymore. You can have all of it."

"Really? Thank you, nee-sama!!"To your surprise, she threw herself towards you only to give you a quick tightest hug she could muster to the point that she might crush your ribs if she put more pressure around her grip.

She soon pulled away before she could break your bones and running over to the pile of boxes with you looking at her from behind in silence, pondering something to yourself before opening your mouth,

"Come to think of it, Katarina."You started and she makes a small sound to acknowledge you that she is listening and casually lifting a plethora of books easily, turning her head around to look at your surprise face.

"What's it, nee-sama?"

"May I ask why you suddenly want to learn magic and not to mention swordsmanship too?"You inquired, honestly you were surprised at her recent drastic change of attitude after the incident.

"In accordance with the decision from the strategy meeting, I will be able to protect myself, and not get embarrassed when going to magic school in the future."

By the emotion that was flickered in her deep blue eyes, she answered your question without any hesitation or hidden and you could tell she's completely honest.

"I see."Her eyes sparkled in adoration when you smiled and that's the first smile she has seen for the first time since she walked into this room, "I wish you best of luck."

"Alright! And sorry for-"

"Please low down your voice, Katarina."

"Right! I mean- Yes . . . ! Pardon for the intrusion."She grinned cheekily and closed the door quietly as she could and the room once again fell into silence but the air felt much lighter than before and you unconsciously smiling at the thought of your sister.

"Protect herself?"

Your smile dropped and was replaced with a look of perplexity after processing her words,

". . . eh . . . ?"