Fortune VI | Little Brother

✄ — — — — — — — — — — —

He was following you. But it was only for a moment, for two brief seconds, his eyes were captured by the sight of the pulchritudinous coruscating moon, brighten up the night sky with its soft light while surrounded by countless luminous stars.

An image of your face flashed in his mind, those two-colored crystalized eyes that look nothing but the moon itself mimicking the stars. It was beautiful.

Though he soon snapped back into reality. He tore his gaze back to where you headed, abruptly halted in his tracks when he couldn't see any sight of you nor your hair strands. Now he realized-

He is lost.

In the middle of the night, somewhere place that he barely knows. Darkness consumed the entire hallway, aside from the dimly light coming from one of the lamps on the wall that barely could offer enough light to accompany him.

His eyes widened in horror, not only because of his situation but also what might happen afterward. He did a mistake, just as soon as he arrived in this household. Couldn't he be more troublesome than he is?

"[Y-Y/N]-sama . . ?"

He called out your name unconsciously in hope that he will receive a reply, recalling the name that was uttered out from his adoptive father when he was talking to you. The name is beautiful just like you so he wouldn't be mistaken, right? Offending you is the last thing he wants to do.

"Who are you?"

An unfamiliar voice questioned him from behind. Slowly yet hesitantly, he turned his back around and almost instantly trembling when the two average height maids are towering over his small figure,

"I've never seen your face before."

Another one spoke.

Fidgeting his thumbs, he averted his gaze away and stammered in a weak voice,

"U-Uh, I . . ."

But they shortly cut him off.

"Oh goodness, don't tell me . . . "

"You're that kid, right? The one that Duke told us before."

He didn't like the gaze that they casted on him. Full with mockery and disgust as they whispering to each other behind the back of their hands though their eyes didn't leave him. It reminded him of the way Thomas looks at him as if he is a bug despite they're blood-related.

"It can't be . . And in this mansion?"

". . Good grief. They even look the same."

"No way. You are—"

"Please keep in mind your choice of words while talking."

A new voice filled with confidence snarled, inviting itself into the conversation. The maid"s shoulders jerked up as the words left your mouth and swiftly lowering their heads down.

Keith didn't notice your presence and you didn't blame him for that when your eyes gaze on his shrinking form.

For the love of God, he is just a kid.

Something snapped inside you and jerked your head to the maids, watching them flinched under your penetrating gaze in fear.

It was a rare occasion for them to see this sight of your other persona. If anything happens between the maids, as long as it didn't involve your matters, you paid no heed to it.