Fortune II | News

Fortune II | News

✄— — — — — –– –– –– —

"Well, I'll take my leave and inform this magnificent news to our parents. I'm sure they would be extremely overjoyed upon hearing this."You bequeathed them a palpable faint close-mouthed smile while half of your lower body was hidden behind the huge door when you were about to leave, taking another look at the young children,

"Katarina, as soon as Prince Gerald leave, you shall take a good rest of yourself and get a good sleep. Anne, I'll leave her to you."You then turned to the said maid; who bowed her head down deeply to your words with a smile - before giving them a small leave and granted to your words, leaving the maids to close the door for you.

Soon afterwards, the lovely looking Prince switched his gaze back to caste it back at the coffee-colored hair girl and politely bowing his head down,

"Then I shall pay you another visit once your health fully recovered."

The blonde male said so with his smile remain and bowing down once again before exited her bedroom with the girl watch him off with her own smile. The small quickly fades when the maid called Anne dropped on her knees next to the sleepy girl with her face flushed red.

"Congratulations, Katarina-sama!"

'Was the Prince's charm affected her this much?'

The thought went across her mind and dropped as quickly as it appeared once the maid spoke,

"You will be engaged with the Prince!"

───────────────

You suddenly flinched at your spot, didn't know if you were mistaking it but you absolutely could hear Katarina's high-pitched scream all the way back to where you're sitting.

"What a wonderful news, [Y/N]!"

You turned your attention back to your foster parents with a smile, nodding your head afterwards upon seeing a colossal smile on their countenances.

"As expected from our daughter!"The older female Claess who is beaming way too brightly and clapped her hands together with you sitting opposite the two on a comfortable couch.

"Indeed!"

"Thanks to you too, [Y/N]. It must be the Prince fell in love with her at first sight because at how you disciplined her. Who knows, her attitude might be much worse if you weren't helping her." The Duke continued and you shook your head. Apparatus, it seems like the three of you have permanent smiles on your lips.

"Oh, I couldn't bring myself to think about that."You answered honestly with a soft laugh, waving the air back and forth for them not to mention the matter before gesturing the hand back to you,

"I'm not the only one that deserves the whole credit."

Miri Diana squealed in delight when your gaze was casted on her, rushing to your side to envelope you in a warm yet tight hug and you didn't waste any time to return her action.

"Honestly, we did a good job at teaching her manners and etiquette. Our efforts have finally was paid off!"She spoke and pulled away to do a high-five with her adopted daughter who she already see her as her own biological daughter.

"Should we throw an engagement party as soon as we can?"Luigi asked the two and their eyes met. Blue hues with heterochromia orbs.

"Shall we?"The two females exchanged a knowing look to each other when a grin now replaced their smile.

Katarina's jaw dropped concurrently after hearing her family members cheered in felicity from the other side of the wall. She knew it was bad to eavesdropping but when she overhead her name, she couldn't help but to listen.

"T-They're way too happy about this. The p-prince simply felt responsible to my injury."She mumbled to herself, slowly dragging her feet to her bedroom so she could bury herself in the soft mattress instead of a hole.