Fortune IV | Gypsophila

✄ — — — — — — — — — — —

Your head perked up upon hearing an unknown language that the young girl spoke, could only listening to her howl from afar.

"There she goes again. Talking with herself about doom flag?"

With an eyebrow raised, you simply brushed it off; thinking you were being delusional lately for the lack of sleep— you returned your gaze back to your halted work. If you asked other physicians, they would obviously answer that you have Insomnia. You had to agree with their theory nonetheless so it wasn't abnormal you plucked some chamomile flowers from your garden that is full of almost uncountable herbs.

"You know you should rest, right?"

A new voice interrupted your short thought which caused you to jumped in surprise, worsening it even more when the owner placed their hand suddenly on your shoulder.

"Good gracious!"You gasped and spun around to see the grey-haired prince gave you a cheeky grin with his hands shot up in surrender before you could harm him, taking a step back.

"You know you almost give me a heart attack, Alan?"You placed your palm against your chest, gently patting in an attempt to ease your hammering heart from breaking your ribcage and softly breathed out.

Something suddenly dawned upon you, turning your face back at the male and he raised an eyebrow in curiosity when you pulled on a smile that's undoubtedly lovely, no matter how many times it had his heart captured once again.

Only if it wasn't for that son of the Prime Minister.

"Now you are here, does that mean the 3rd prince is here?"

Talking about that brother of his was enough to make his mood ruined and his whole face darkened. However, he held himself back from lashing out at you. You didn't do anything wrong. And if he accidentally does that, your condition might worsen—

"Please hold this bouquet of Gypsophila for a moment, Alan. I need to grab my hat."

He unconsciously held out his hand for the flower stems that were fastened together into a hand-tied bouquet style with a white ribbon, perfectly matching with the color that symbolism the purity and innocence itself.

"Do you even know what Gypsophila means?"

The corner of his lips twitched, forming into an irked smile when you returned with a sun hat that flawlessly protecting your body from being exposed underneath the ultraviolet rays. That's somewhat unnecessary when your clothes completely hide your smooth pale skin from being seen.

Oh well. Your hair is also playing its part in this high society that concerned appearance after the hereditary title.

"Do you think I'm that dumb?"He scoffed and turned his head to the side, tilting it marginally upwards, "Obviously I know that. It means—"

"Everlasting love."

Both of you said the short sentence at the same time and his eyes widened in surprise when your face was only a few inches from colliding with his that's now erupted into a bright red flare.

And you noticed it.

"Why is your face getting redder?"

"I-I-Its just getting hot here! Sheesh!"

He turned around so his back now facing you so you couldn't stare at his embarrassing state any longer, his hand on his hip while the other one is holding the bouquet to which you took it from his grasp.

"Jeez! Hurry up already!"

"Alright, alright."You softly tittered and took his as an advantage by linking your arm with his, flashing him an innocent smile that you could put on in the current situation that you found rather amusing when he started stammering.

"Tsk, whatever."

Tease him more, the hue on his face couldn't get any more scarlet like color.

From afar, you could see your mother and a group of maids, the blonde-haired prince wasn't unnoticeable either. However, you found it weird how they remained frozen on their spot and were rather stunned in your opinion.

But as you get closer, now you know the reason.

Though the smile on your face remained, you didn't realize your grip around the flowers loosened and would have hit the ground if it weren't for the fourth prince to caught it.

Once your eyes fell on her outfit.

"Goodness gracious."

─────────────────✄

It's been a while since I last read this manga so I'm gonna reread it cuz I kinda forgot—