Prologue | Spoiled

This is what you're wearing

Credit : enaa97

✄- - - - - -- -- -- -

"[Y/N]-sama."

You hummed in acknowledge before tearing your gaze off from the book that you were currently reading to see the source of the voice who called your name. A gentle smile crept up to your face upon seeing the familiar smiling and innocent-looking blonde-haired third prince,

"Ah, Gerald. It was nice to be meeting you again."The female smiled in delight and closing the book after bookmarked it to greet him politely, bowing your head slightly down and he copied the gesture.

"Likewise and always. Do you mind me accompanying you?"He flashed a charming smile and softly grab a hold of your hand to plant a kiss on the back of your pale-skinned hand as you shook your head in assurance.

"Not at all."

He was about to make the conversation between them longer when suddenly, both the young prince and the duchess flinched at the high-pitched tone of voice that belonged to the one and only her unrelated-blood spoiled sister boomed throughout the whole area of the royal palace even at the garden.

"NO! I HATE THIISSS!!!"

"Oh my . . . "The female exhaled a low sigh, returned her gaze back on the male - after looking over at the certain open window at where the voice came from - with an apologetic smile on her face, "I apologized for her behalf."

"It's okay."He smiled genuinely that soon dropped after the words that you declared afterward, thinking he has all day to spend with you with various activities unrelated to using stamina.

"I'll check on her."

Before he could say anything, you already spun your heels around and head to where your stepsister located. He mentally groaned before heaving a heavy sigh and forced a smile to form on his lips, taking multiple steps to catch up with you.

"I'll come with you."

───────────────

"What happened?"

A wave of relief washed over the maids upon hearing the familiar voice ringing gracefully in their ears, thinking they're now safe once their eyes landed on your small figure standing between the doorway.

"[Y/N]-sama, pardon for the-"

"[Y/N]! "Katarina's voice boomed, at the same time cutting off the maid's in the middle of her sentence as she sent the said female a narrow glare and then huffed. [ color ] orbs landed on her blue ones, waiting for the complaint that will be uttering out from the younger female's mouth.

"She told me that we don't have a pink ribbon!"

You frowned at her words and parted your lips to say something as a reply while the blonde-haired prince is standing against the wall, listening to the conversation silently.

"That's because we do not have one. You're the one who chose the blue one after all."

"That's not true!"She retorted and scoffed with her arms remained cross, head craned to the other way as in refused to see your face, "I demand a pink bow now!"

A vein that showed a sign of irritation makes itself visible on the [ color ]-haired maiden's cheek after hearing her selfish sentences.

"Care trying not to be selfish, Katarina? You-"

"Who's that?"She brushed you off as if wanting to increase the meter of your irritation and not wanting to listen to your never-ending lecture that you gained the habit from her mother. However, before the meter could explode, a hand was harmlessly placed on your shoulder, in an attempt to calm you down despite the poker face that adorned on your physiognomy.

"It's an honor to meet you, Katarina-sama. Please, let me introduce myself." The male voiced it out in a proper manner, bowing his head slightly down yet her eyes never leave his when her jaw dropped with rosy hue tainted her cheeks, clearly embarrassed that she gave him a bad first impression with her immature behavior earlier.

"I'm Gerald Stuart, the third prince of the kingdom."Her blush only worsened when he shot her his usual heart-captured smile.

"It was a pleasure of m-mine too. M-My name is Katarina Claes."She stuttered and you recognized the emotion that flickered in her blue orbs. She fell in love. With him.

"I heard lots about you from your sister."He lied about the last part with a smile and you arched an eyebrow at his sentence. You aren't a type that bad-mouthing people on the back, especially if it involves your relatives so since you taught yourself that if you can't say something nice, you'd rather make a no comment about it unless it was necessary.

"W-Wait! You know my sister before me?!!"She gasped aloud about the frivolous matter but you scolded her austerely afterward.

"Please low down your voice, Katarina."A hand was brought up to your face and pinched the bridge of your nose, exhaling a heavy sigh with eyes shut close and reopening them to look over the faking a smile prince.

"She's already a spoiled kid and you spoiled her more."

"Don't worry, don't worry."He chimed with a hearty laugh, now having a genuine smile when he felt your gaze on him. When he was about to add more words in his sentence, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around his arm and tugging him away from you.

Both you and the prince look over at the owner of those arms with a look of disapproval.

"Let's have a walk together! With that, we can bring ourselves much closer than you had with nee-sama!"The female with brown-colored hair stated lightheartedly with a wide smile spread across her lips and not showing any sign of backing down.

"And nee-sama, "She turned his gaze at you and sent a disgusted look. You were taken aback by this but yet, it only caused your scowl deepened when she continued, "you already have Nicole so please refrain yourself from being touchy with other guys. I don't want to have a sister that has a title as . . . you know what I mean, right?"

"I'm not dumb, Katarina."

She snickered at your remark and dragged the prince away before he could do anything except glaring daggers to the laughing girl. Your face twisted into a scowl in cringe and yet, you didn't make any effort to fight back when she's at the point as a small dot in your view, doubting that if she could ever hear you even when you scream at the top of your lungs.

Hearing a snort coming from behind you, eyes gazed over your shoulder and wrapped around on his dark blue steely eyes. Hand placed over his mouth in an attempt to block his laugh from reaching to your ears. How funny.

"Hello back to you too, Alan."You rolled your eyes with a small visible smile conquered your lips when he began walking alongside you, sharing the same cackle that's getting slightly louder.

"Ahack!-You should've seen the look on your face!"He said between his laughter, a relief feeling finally swam inside him once his brother doesn't have your attention but on him instead. Another glee laugh joined in.

"Well, be grateful that you are rare among the rarest to see my beautiful face."You dramatically let out a light sigh, making him guffawing even louder than he should as a prince while you almost mistaking him like a hyena.

"Chill. You're being over exaggerating."

"I'm cool as a cucumber, "He remarked with his fish-eating grin that left you speechless, not knowing what to reply with his boast.