Prologe

Hiccups POV:

    I sat on the seat where all the students were seated. Today was the day. My graduation day. The day I have been waiting for the last few years, and the day I have desired to just come already for the past week. The day where I will finally get out of this hellhole and start my new life.
    Away from my broken home life. Away from my school bullies. Away from all the hurt I have felt. Away from everything that made my life terrible. And to somewhere where no will ever know who I am or my tragic history.
    I heard my name get called up by the school Headmaster, Mr Viggo Grimborn, “Hiccup Haddock.” Immediately it was followed by snickering students and some parents too. I sighed and stood shakily up and bit my lip as the pain shot through my left leg and I glanced down at my prosthetic leg.
    I was in an accident about two months ago. I was runned over by a car, when I pushed a little girl out of the way of the racing car. The girl was saved and only had a few scrapes, but my left leg was mangled and they had to amputate it under the left knee.
    I was then placed in the hospital for four weeks, where I had to go a few surgeries and spend hours upon hours bored, with no one to come to talk with me.
    I sighed and limped up to the stage, where all the teachers sat. I nodded in greetings and all my teachers flashed me a grateful smile and also a bit sympathetic. I then turned and walked over to the headmaster where he shook my hand and handed me my degree. People applauded me, but it wasn’t anything special like the rest of the kids in my grade. But I could hear Gobber whooping and shouting, “That ‘e boy.”
    Gobber the Belch. My unofficial uncle. He was a large man, with a round belly. He lost two of his limbs, his right foot and left forearm. He had a blond braided mustache and was bald. He was like my second father, or well only really for the last few years, and taught me everything I knew about cars and motorcycles.
    I looked up to the headmaster’s eyes and he nodded for me to say You are almost there. I nodded and then remembered what he said to me earlier.

    Flashback:

    I was seated in my seat for about a few minutes early and was nervously fiddling with my hands. That was until Mr Viggo approached me. He had his usual black suit on. His short beard was neatly trimmed and his eyes were calculated as always.
    I made an effort to stand up and greet him, but he said, “You can stay seated mister Haddock.”
    I nodded and smiled at him a small smile of gratitude and shook his hand. “What can I do for you, Headmaster.”
    He smiled and said, “Always offering help, even though it is you that need it. No, I am just here to thank you for what you have done for the school.” I frowned in confusion and he explained, “Hiccup, I know that you might think that your time here, at Raven Point High, was wasted, but it wasn’t. Your friendly, hard working attitude and your sarcastic comments have inspired a lot of students to work harder in the school, in the younger grades especially. And you brought a light of hope to all the teachers everyday, when you had class. And your time away from school had a toll on all the teachers.”
    I nodded in understanding and he continued, “And I know that your life has been really awful for the past few months, but I want to tell you that you deserve to have the chance to speak today. And whatever you chose to say, we will allow you to say it, because you sure deserve it.”
    I nodded and said, “Thank you, sir.”
    He smiled and said, “You will always have a place here at Raven High if you want it, Hiccup. But I think that you have already made your decision.” Just by looking at his eyes I could tell that he already knew what I was planning to do. He held out his hand and said, “Well, I wish you luck on your journey and I know that you will achieve greatness.” I shook his hand and then he turned and walked away to the rest of the staff.

End of Flashback:

   I held the certificate and continued my walk as the headmaster handed the rest of the certificates and students clapping hands for them. I looked up and quickly scanned the sea of people who were sitting on the school's football fields. The weather was cool and a slight winter breeze, but this was a really nice day for our standards.
    But as I scanned them, there were only the familiar faces of Gobber, my father’s secretary and my bullies. No father or mother like I had hoped. My father, Stock ‘the vast’ Haddock, was the mayor of Berk, a small town near the border of Canada in the USA. He was as large as a mountain, with a big red beard and auburn hair that was in a manbun.
    But he was the mayor and never had any time for me and when he was home, he would always take the food I made for him and walk to his study room and continued to work. And I have countless times asked if he wanted to talk or do something, even watching a game, just to spend some time together, but he always said, “He is busy,” and closed the door. So of course he won’t be here, because he will be busy.
    Just like how he didn’t even come to me in the hospital, when I lost my leg. He just sent his secretary to give me a get well card. And that was the punch line and that I knew I meant nothing for him and that it would be better that I just leave forever.
    Then my mother wasn’t here either. I was kind of hoping that she would surprise me and came to my graduation, but she didn’t come, like she promised. My mother Valka Haddock was a strong determined woman and helped everyone. She had auburn hair like me with green eyes. But I haven’t seen her in five years: