14 The Reunion Part 1

Just after the Previous Chapter:

Astrid POV:

I couldn't stop smiling. No matter what I did, the baby smile on my face couldn't disappear. My cheeks were definitely going to hurt when this whole reunion was over, but that really didn't matter. Because we, Hiccup and I, were finally going to the reunion.

I was slightly excited to see Ruff again and talk to the expecting mother. And then I was also a bit excited to talk with a few of my other friends I had at school like Fishlegs, Tuffnut and a few of my cheerleader friends I had like Rachel and Gunhild. And then I was most excited to spend the whole reunion with Hiccup next to my side.

Because let's be honest, there is no one in the whole world I would rather spend my ten year reunion with rather than Hiccup. And I couldn't help but feel more delighted that he dressed up for this reunion.

I knew how much he hated dressing up. Heck, he usually meets really important people, like millionaires, public leaders, war heros, celebrities, even presidents, in jeans, converse and a T-shirt. So for him to even slightly dress up for this occasion was a complete bonus. And considering what he was wearing, it suited him perfectly. Nothing that drew too much attention or was too flashy, but was formal enough for me to see that he did put some effort into choosing what to wear.

And I couldn't help, but blush at the comment he gave me when he saw me. I spent almost an entire hour with my mother getting myself ready for the reunion and that comment made it all worth it.

I pinched myself slightly to make sure I wasn't dreaming, because all of this really felt like one of those teenage movies. But once I almost drew blood, I knew this was real. And I couldn't help myself and glance at Hiccup as he was driving. He had his usual face of concentrating with his small mischievous smile.

And I couldn't help myself and started to think of what he might be thinking. Maybe it was another work project? Maybe something about his parents? Or maybe something about the interaction we had with my parents? I wondered what he thought about that.

In all honesty, I didn't know what to think about all of that. It was so embarrassing, but me and Hiccup? Getting married? Just the thought of it made me extremely excited and jumpy. To spend the rest of my life with him would be the best thing in the whole world. But...

But that could never happen. Why would he marry me or even have feelings for me? I left him in High School to be popular, when he was about to confess his feelings to me. I knew that he liked me, because he was terrible at hiding his feelings. And I will admit that I had feelings for him too, but decided to bury them away, because I was afraid of what my other friends would think of it. So I did the thing that was the easiest. I left him outside the front doors of the high school and never talked to him ever again.

And that was the biggest mistake of my life. The day where I lost my best friend. And I was so angry at myself for it and just wanted to beat myself over it. But I made myself a promise that I would never make that mistake ever again. That I was going to be there for Hiccup, no matter what our relationship was. I just hoped it could be something more than best friends. But why would he ever see me like that? I can't even-

"You ok?" he asked and interrupted my thoughts.

I blinked and looked at him confused and asked, "Huh? Oh, yeah, uhh I'm fine. I'm ok."

He didn't look convinced, but nodded and said, "Ok, it just looked like there was a battle happening inside your head."

I nodded and said, "Yeah, just thinking of ways to beat Eret up." It was kind of the truth, but not really. I was thinking of what I should do if I saw him. Ignore him, but knowing him, he would probably come to me and try to make this as unpleasant as ever reunion. Or he would spread some lies about me, like when we were divorcing, he spread rumors that I was a control freak.