1 10 Years Later

Ten years after the previous chapter:
Hiccups POV:

    I woke up to the tongue of Toothless. I groaned and said, “Ok, Ok. I am up.” And for once he listened and jumped off my bed and walked over to the leash and grabbed it with his mouth. I sighed and flung my legs over the bed and looked how my dog walked over to me.
    Toothless, my best friend and my loyallish dog. He was a pure black Siberian Husky with bright green eyes. I found him a few years ago on the street, hungry and cold hiding in a box that had false teeth inside of it. Hence his name Toothless.
     I smiled and rubbed him under his chin and said, “Hey, bud. I would love to go on a morning jog with you, but I have to be early at the company for a job interview.” Toothless pouted like a cat and I smiled and replied, “I know, but after work we can go to the park. I’ll ask Heather to bring wingshear.”
    His tail instantly started to go wild as if it had its own mind and he barked happily. I smiled and replied, “Good, now I just need to get ready for work.” I quickly strapped my prosthetic leg on and then made my way to the bathroom. After a minute I was finished and grabbed my usual clothes. Brown jeans and a rust red T-shirt and a leather jacket.
    I quickly made me some breakfast which consisted of some eggs, bacon and coffee. I quickly ate it and then grabbed my keys and my backpack and walked to the garage, before patting Toothless on his head and giving him his bowl of food. I smiled as he happily ate his food and then opened the garage door. Instantly the lights turned on as I stepped into it.
    There was a workbench for me there, with all the tools I needed to open a workshop. Along with all the tools were my Black Night Fury sports car from Viking Industries and my old trusted black and dark green Triumph Speed Twin. During my years away from home I never changed motorbike, but often made improvements to the bike. I opened the garage door and mounted the bike and pulled my helmet on. I started it and then drove out of my garage and out of the gates of my house and into the roads of the Viking Estate.
    I smiled as neighbors waved at me and I gave them all a nod and kept driving through the roads. And after a few minutes I exited the estate security gates, and into the open road. I sped up my bike and then drove towards Viking Industries. As I drove past the countryside, I smiled at all the new estates being built and coffee shops. It has been almost a decade since I moved here and things have changed. Since Viking Industries was created, by Harper Harrison, people have been coming to the small town. And the small town was happy to greet all new comers and the town has flourished  since then. It has improved greatly in all its facilities, but still remained in contact with its beautiful nature and landscapes.
    After a few minutes, I finally drove into the parking area of the Industries. The place consisted of four main buildings. The office building, the research facility, the Factory and the shop or garage. All of them were made out of white marble walls and they were at least five stories high. I drove my bike and parked and parked right in front of the office building. I pulled my helmet off and brushed my hair to the side. I then dismounted my bike and walked towards the big building, with floor to ceiling windows. As I approached the building, the doors opened and I was met by the guards who greeted me happily, “Good morning. Sir.”
    I shook my head and said, “Good morning to you too, Eugene. And for thor’s sake call me Harper.”
    He smiled and I continued to walk towards the elevator. And yeah, I have changed my name to Harper Harrison. The billionaire genius that owns the biggest car, bike and airplane company in the world and that helps to provide a third of the northern hemisphere green energy. Yeah, that guy. I have changed my name since I left and no one has ever found me since, well except a few people.
    I haven’t had any contact with my old life, but I have sent a few postcards to my parents to say that I am alright and doing well. I smiled as my fellow workers greeted me happily and I walked over to the elevator, where I passed the reception. The receptionist, Anna, smiled at me sweetly and then continued to help the blond woman that was standing in front of her. I smiled back and then entered the elevator and punched the top floor. And after a few seconds, the doors opened and I walked down the hallway, until I was in my personal assistants room.
    There were two tables, with computers and a shelf for all the documents. The room was a modern room with a few windows and then a room that led to a small kitchen. And in one seat behind the oak desk was Heather Oswald. She had black hair, with emerald eyes. She had a black leather skirt on with a grey T-shirt and black vest. She was like a sister to me and knew about my past and kept it secret. She looked up at me and said, “You are late, your interview is in ten minutes.”
    I smiled at her and said, “And good morning to you two. How was your date with Snow?”
    I walked into my office that was vintage. It had wooden shelves everywhere, except for the one floor to ceiling window wall, behind my desk, with books filled to the brim. It had wooden flooring and a spruce desk. There were also some leather couches and drawing boards for my sketches.
    She stood up and walked into my office, with a couple of files in her hands. “It was better than the rest, but I don’t know. He is a bit clueless.”
    I nodded in understanding and put my helmet on one shelf and then took my jacket off and put over my chair. “He is,” I admitted, “He can be a bit clumsy, but has a good heart and needs some time to warm up on you. You are pretty intimidating and scary.”
    She rolled her eyes and replied, “Yeah, yeah. Here are the files of the girl that is interviewing for Gothi job,” she handed me five pages in a brown folder, “And here are the plans Leo sent for the new airplane model.” She handed me a A3 package that had ARGO II written on it.
    I smiled at her and thanked her. She then walked out of my office. I quickly opened the package and put it on my drawing board and started to inspect it. And as normal, it was a brilliant design. I looked at it carefully, while my hands fiddled with my keys like always. That was until there was a knock on my door and I looked up to see a pretty blond woman with azure eyes. My eyes widened when I saw her. Not only because she was probably the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, but because I knew her. It was Astrid.