19 The reunion Part 6

Just after the previous chapter:

Hiccup's POV:

"Now you don't have to drag me to the food table," I commented after I pulled the beautiful blond next to my side.

I was honestly worried that Astrid might kill me for pulling on her arm like that, but she just smiled gently and her cheeks tinted red. And I couldn't help myself and stare at her beauty again. How could someone be so beautiful? It must be illegal. And what made it even more spectacular to me, was the fact that Astrid was my date and that she was standing next to my side.

"So," Astrid said, as she placed a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "How is the reunion so far for you?"

She glanced up at me and our eyes met for a moment, but I quickly replied, "Well, better than I expected." And this reunion was really going better than I expected. Aside from the fact that Astrid was my date, I enjoyed it. I had a few conversations with my old teachers and enjoyed catching up with them and I also enjoyed the conversation I had with Emma and her friends. Although it was weird that all of them treated me as some hero or something, the experience wasn't bad at all or so unfamiliar to me. But I guess I am used to it since a lot of people admire me as Harper Harrisson, the billionaire engineer.

Astrid nodded and commented, "Well, it looked like you were enjoying yourself, when you were talking to Emma."

"Yes, I did," I admitted, "It was nice to see her after 10 years."

"What did you two talk about?" Astrid asked as she pulled on my arm slightly so that we were heading towards the food table line.

"Well, mostly catching up on what has been happening in our lives," I answered her, before I sighed, "Astrid, I told Emma who I am."

Astrid whipped her head towards me and asked, shocked, "What?"

I nodded and told her what happened.

Flashback:

Still Hiccup's POV:

I continued walking through the sea of people as I made my way in no direction in particular. And I don't know why I should be surprised, but it almost feels like I am walking through a fashion event. Every person here was wearing some expensive designer clothes that I honestly thought were way too expensive. But that was Raven Point High. A school for kids who come from families that have extremely big businesses and everyone here most likely took over the family businesses or works for it at the moment.

But after walking aimlessly for a few seconds, I finally saw another person I could talk to. Emma was sitting at the entrance behind a table, probably waiting for a few late comers, looking extremely bored.

I made my way over to her and when I was a few metres away from her, I commented, "You look bored."

She looked up from her I-pad and smiled, "Extremely. But I have to stay put. There are still a few people who haven't arrived yet."

I nodded and commented, "They are just probably exploring the halls to relive the good old memories." She nodded at my explanation and I waved my hand to the open seat next to her and asked, "May I sit here."

She grinned and said, "Please." I smiled and took the seat next to her, but not even a second passed by before Emma asked her first question of many, "So where have you been the last ten years?"

I chuckled a bit and replied, "Caldera Cay." She frowned a tiny bit and I explained, "It is a small town about 8 hours away from here. I spent the last decade there working as an engineer."

She nodded and asked, in an excited tone, "And what have you made over the last few years?"

I almost said a really big engineering company, but I remembered the backstory me and Astrid worked out. "Well, I mostly do car checks for a local business, but I sometimes help builders with electrical engineering stuff."