20 The reunion Part 7

A few minutes after the previous chapter:

Narrator's POV:

The old ravens were all having the times of their lives. Music was blasting through the crowds that was deafened by the laughter and cheers from the reunioners. Everywhere people were boasting about their accomplishments over the years. From architecture to politics to business to sports to law to media to filming to medicine. There was a reunioner from every working field possible and each and everyone was making it their personal goal to impress everyone around them, even going as far as lying straight through their teeth.

Well, almost everyone. The reunion was already on for a few hours and people were starting to stream the dance floor and some of them were making fools of themselves, because they were all drunk from the champagne and spiked drinks and punch.

But through the chaos, music and happy and drunk atmosfeer, there was one table where a group of 6 people sat and talked about what has been happening to them the last decade. Especially, about what has been happening to one person that no one has heard a word of from the last ten years.

Astrid POV:

I smiled as everyone at our table looked in wonder at Hiccup. Gunhild, Rachel, Aaron and Marcus were all staring at Hiccup after we both revealed to them what has been happening to Hiccup the last decade. Well, the half truth that we revealed to them.

And I couldn't help, but chuckle to myself. Oh, the irony. I wonder what their reaction would be if they founded out the real and complete truth. They would probably look at him with a new sense of respect. But now, they look at him with a new sense of awe and wonder. Well, at least Rachel and Gunhild. This was the first time Marcus and Aaron met him. And that is good enough for me, because they finally see how amazing of a person Hiccup truly is.

And while they all listened to me and Hiccup, he just calmly continued to eat his food while continuing to talk about our half true story. And I couldn't help myself and be happy that my friends treated Hiccup as if he was an old friend and not the guy they always bullied and looked down upon. And I was happy that Hiccup accepted them as new friends, even after all the things they did to him. But then again, he never really holds a grudge against me and other people, which I am so thankful for.

"So you have been friends with a billionaire for the last 10 years?" Rachel asked, shocked.

Hiccup smiled and shrugged his shoulders, while replying, "Yeah, but it is nothing really special. Yeah, he has a lot of money, but it is just like having a normal friend or well in my case a best friend."

They all nodded numbly, but I grinned and replied, "Hiccup, you two are more like brothers than anything. You look, behave and act the same. You're practically the same person."

He chuckled a bit, but sent me a small playful glare at the last sentence I said, to which I just grinned more at him. The other also chuckled a bit too, before Aaron stated, "Wow. So you're friends with Harper Harrison. The Founder, owner and Ceo of Viking Industries."

Hiccup nodded in response, to which Aaron smiled and asked, "Is there by any chance that I could meet him?"

Hiccup's eyes widened a bit in surprise and mine did too. Why would Aaron want to meet Harper? I know that he is a billionaire, but by the way he asked the question, he looked like he had a specific reason. Hiccup opened his mouth to say something, but I could see that he was confused, but Gunhild playfully slapped Aaron's hand and scolded him, "Aaron, why would you ask something like that?"

He smiled sheepishly, before he took a deep breath and looked at his fiance and explained, "Gun, you know about my brother that was hit a few months ago." Her eyes widened, but she gave a nod of understanding. But now he got all of our attention and we all leaned closer so that we could hear their conversation. "Well," Aaron continued, "Before he went for another tour in Iraq, he and his squad received new armour and equipment. And that is the only reason why the sniper round didn't kill my brother. It is because of the new armour that he only got a serious bruise and wasn't... killed."