10 Morning Accidents

The morning after the previous chapter
Hiccup’s POV:

    I gently opened the door to Astrid’s room, after knocking on her door twice. I woke up a few minutes earlier, due to Toothless, and got ready for the jog and now I needed to wake up Astrid.
    I looked around in the room until I smiled when I saw her. Her hair was everywhere on the pillows and in her face, but it looked so wavy like a waterfall. Her  right arms were on the one side and the other on her stomach. She looked so adorable and also so beautiful. Like I thought I just walked into the bedroom of an angel, but it was Astrids.
    I walked up to her and sat silently next to the bed and stretched my arms out and gently started to rub the hair off her forehead. It's a trick my mother always did to get me up and it clearly worked on Astrid. She instantly started to stir and after a few seconds she moaned and said, “Oh, please don’t stop, Hiccup.”
    I frowned. Was she dreaming of me, or did she actually know that I was the one rubbing her forehead. I nonetheless continued and said, “Ok, Astrid.”
    She moaned a tiny bit, before she tensed and opened her eyes. And her eyes immediately widened and she looked at me, panicked, and said, “Hiccup.”
    I guess she was dreaming of me, but why, I don’t know. I smiled at her and said, “Good morning, M’lady. It’s time to wake up for our jog.”
    “What?” She croaked and tried to hide under the blankets.
    I smiled and explained, “Our jog with Stormfly and Toothless. The sun will be coming up soon, so umm yeah.”
    She still hid under the blankets but she slowly nodded her head. I then without meaning to, I got lost in her beautiful azure eyes. They looked so gorgeous. A light blue that looked like ocean water from the depths of the ocean, where a source of light shone through. And then there was a little bit of spark in them that made it look like they were a really light blue sky color which made them beyond perfect.
    “Umm, I need to get dressed,” she said, still under her blankets.
    I frowned, until I realised what she meant. I blushed a deep red and said, “Oh, umm, yeah, sorry. I will go now.” I then stood up and quickly rushed out of the room. And once I was out I leaned against the wall and sighed. Gosh that was creepy of me. Why did I need to stare at her when she was still in her sleep. I should have just got Stormfly to wake her up.
    I sighed and walked to the kitchen. I quickly filled Stormfly and Toothless water bowls with water. They immediately came and took a sip from the water. I smiled, when Stormfly bumped into Toothless, playfully. Toothless then growled at her playfully, and bumped her back.
    I shook my head and sat on a stool and checked my off road running prosthetic. It was a design I made for myself and it worked like a charm. It was almost as if it was a normal leg, but it could never be just like a normal leg. I sighed and looked out of the glass door. It was still pretty dark, but there were early signs how the sky was turning a pinkish orange colour.
    I smiled at that. It was one of the reasons why I loved this place: Its beautiful mornings. That, and no one can ever disturb me here. And there was also no connection here so I never had to stress about someone bugging me. Although I had a landline telephone if I had or someone had a huge emergency.
    I was broken out of my thoughts when someone walked into the room. I looked up at the door and smiled as Astrid came into the room. She had changed into some shorts, training T-shirt and jogging shoes. She smiled at me and continued to put her hair in a messy ponytail. I stood up and asked, “You ready?”
    She grinned and replied, “Born ready.” I grinned and we both made it to the front door with the dogs. I opened the door for her and she smiled and exited the door and I followed her out and closed the door behind us. “So where to?” she asked me.
    I grinned and said, “Into the woods M’lady.” She shook her head, but followed me as I started to jog down the dirt road. The dogs barked happily and jogged in front of us and Astrid and I started to do some small talks. And even though it was still pretty dark, we could make out the outlines of the road and continued the jog on the road that led through the spruce woods. But as time passed you could see how the sky turned bluer and bluer as the sun rose.