[4] Follow Your Heart

[Outfit Above]

The next night, Briar and Lonnie found each other both heading towards the kitchen for a midnight snack

The next night, Briar and Lonnie found each other both heading towards the kitchen for a midnight snack. The two entered the dark kitchen to find Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos in there making something. "There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair!" Lonnie said with a smile. "Midnight snack? What are you guys making?" Briar asked as she looked down at the bowl Mal was mixing in. "Nothing special. Just cookies." 

Briar reached her finger in and swiped a small amount of the batter onto her finger causing Mal and the others to panic and try to stop her. "Oh, no, no!" Briar froze and wiped her finger off with a napkin. "I promise I won't double dip." Evie leaned over the metal counter towards the blonde. "Feel anything?" She asked. "Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal added just before Jay swung over and leaned up against the counter with a flirty wink. "Hey, there."

Lonnie chuckled at him as Briar gave him an awkward look. "It needs some chips." Lonnie nodded at her words and walked towards the fridge grabbing a small bowl of chocolate chips and sprinkling some into the batter. "Chips?" Jay frowned. "And those are..." Mal asked with a heavy breath while going back to stirring. "Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group." Lonnie said.

"Didn't your moms ever make you guys chocolate chip cookies?" Briar asked with a soft frown. "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." Lonnie trailed off from her explanation and her eyes widened when they saw the others looking at them sadly. "Why are you looking at us like that?" Briar asked softly.

"It's just different where we're from." Mal told them and looked back down at the batter. "Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought...Even villains love their kids. Oh..." Lonnie trailed off of her rambling. Briar reached over and placed her hands over Mal and Evies. "How awful." Mal looked up and saw a single tear rolling down the blonde's cheek, she quickly swiped it off and flicked it into the bowl.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal rushed Briar and Lonnie out of the room. "Goodnight." The two chorused before finally leaving.

꧁꧂

"She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it." Audrey whined as she, Ben, and Briar walked through the halls towards the courtyard. Ben frowned in confusion. "What's the harm?"

"It's gateway magic!" Audrey exclaimed. "Sure, it starts with the hair." She began counting on her fingers as she spoke. "Next thing you know It's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then...where will I be?" Ben sighed quietly. "Listen, Audrey..." Audrey cut Ben off. "I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?"