[24] Working together

The group of five girls wandered around Audrey's room hoping they would find something that told them what her plan was or where she was hiding

The group of five girls wandered around Audrey's room hoping they would find something that told them what her plan was or where she was hiding. Uma picked up a book from Audrey's bed and began looking through it.

"Found her diary. And, dang, did you ruin Audrey's life." Uma said as she plopped on Audrey's bed.

"Okay, so did you find anything in there that we don't already know, or?" Mal questioned rhetorically.

"She hangs out at Fairy Cottage." Briar said.

"You know, where Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather hid their mom from your mom." Uma added as she pointed at Briar with Audrey's diary.

"Yes, ha, ha, ha, the irony is not lost on me." Mal deadpanned with a roll of her eyes.

"How can anyone with this bed ever be unhappy?" Uma questioned as she lay down.

"Okay, how do I look?" Celia asked Evie and posed. She was wearing a bunch of Audrey's jewelry.

"Okay, the bling stays here." Evie told her.

"But she's bad." Celia whined.

"And we're not." Evie countered pointedly. Celia frowned but took the jewelry and headband off and set them back on the vanity.

꧁꧂

The girls walked up the forest path leading to Evie's house. Uma stopped and looked in awe at the building. Briar, Evie, and Mal stopped to catch their breaths too while Celia kept walking.

"I really hope they found Ben." Mal spoke worriedly.

Briar rubbed her arm as a sense of comfort. "Me too, M."

"Nice digs." Uma told Evie who smiled slightly.

"I got a really good deal." Evie said.

She leads them into the house only to find Celia whispering to a cursed Dizzy and the Smee twins. The four older girls watched in sadness but became even more determined to stop Audrey. Their attention was quickly caught by loud snores coming from another room.

"Uh, who's the dude?" Uma asked as they entered the sunroom where Evie kept her designs.

"Doug." Evie rushed to his side crouching beside his sleeping figure and called his name again with no answer.

"Wake up. Wake up." Evie said as she repeatedly poked Doug in the chest.

"He's spelled." Uma stated with an unamused expression. "Is she not a fast learner?" She snarked with a glance at Mal and Briar.

Briar frowned and defended Evie. "She's emotionally involved. Leave her be."

"Well, in that case, she should be able to wake him up." Uma deducted with indifference.