[26] Happily Ever After

They were gathered in Audrey's room, the girl had yet to awaken and seemed to be getting worse

They were gathered in Audrey's room, the girl had yet to awaken and seemed to be getting worse. Briar used some of her magic to put her in a fresh outfit and tucked her into bed. Briar sat beside her with a teary smile as she gripped her hand.

"She's slipping away." Briar whispered her voice cracking. Chris stood behind her and kept a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

Mal sighed heavily and bowed her head. "There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades."

"Hades?" Ben questioned wide-eyed. "He wouldn't do it. And I wouldn't risk it."

"Actually, he might do it for me. He's my father." Mal revealed shocking most of the group besides Evie, Celia, and Briar.

"Did you know?" Ben asked Briar in shock. He was suddenly very nervous that Hades would be his father-in-law.

"New blue streaks and being able to use Hades's ember?" Briar returned with a raised brow.

"How did you not know?" She asked.

Chris chuckled under his breath and shook his head hiding his smile. Carlos and Jay shared a look, both nodding in agreement, she had a point.

"Well, I'll have to send guards to get him." Ben told Mal.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride." Uma said, bringing everyone's attention to her. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

"Well, then, you'll need your first mate." Harry told her while placing his hands on her shoulders from behind.

"The Isle will be in very good hands." Mal said with a smile, earning one in return from the young sea witch.

"Can I go too? I wish I could be in both places." Celia asked, she stood up from the bay window and walked toward them.

"I really think that Evie was right. And... I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserve so much better than that." Mal said sincerely.

"You're just trying to do the right thing." Jay told her no calmer than before.

"Yeah." Uma agreed. Mal then looked to Evie hoping she would jump in and she did.

"I get it." Evie said.

꧁꧂

The next morning, Briar stood wrapped in Chris's arms as her Grammy and Mom were on either side of Audrey. They were awaiting Hades to be brought in. They all looked up as the aforementioned God walked into the room with shackles on both his hands and feet while behind held by guards.

"Thank you for coming." Mal thanked him politely.

"Didn't have much choice." Hades deadpanned.

"Can you wake her?" Ben asked worriedly.