Who Is Nimrood??

Nimrod was one of the kings of the world. Mujahid mentions, " The kings who ruled the Eastern and western part of the world are four, two believers and two disbelievers. As for the two believing kings, they were; Suleiman bin Daud and Dhul-Qarnain while the two disbelievers were; Nimrod and Nebuchandnezzar." They mentioned that this king Numrod remained in the throne for four hundred years. He was known to be cruel, oppressive, tyrannical and arrogant.

It was said that he was Nimrod, son of Canaan, son of Kush, son of Sam, son of Noah, as Mujahid stated. It was also said that he was Nimrod, son of Falikh, son of Abir, son of Shalikh, son of Arfakhshand, son of Sam, son of Noah.

Nimrod is the king who disputed with Prophet Ibrahim and the story was clearly mentioned in the Quran.

Allah, the Most High says,

أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى ٱلَّذِى حَآجَّ إِبْرَٰهِۦمَ فِى رَبِّهِۦٓ أَنْ آتَاهُ ٱللَّهُ ٱلْمُلْكَ

Have you not looked at him who disputed with Ibrahim about his Lord, meaning, about the existence of Allah.

Nimrod denied the existence of a god other than himself just as Fir'aun said later to his people. His utter disbelief and arrant rebellion was because of his tyranny and the fact that he ruled for a long time. This is why the Ayah continued,

أَنْ اتَاهُ اللّهُ الْمُلْكَ Because Allah had given him the kingdom.

It appears that Nimrod asked Ibrahim to produce proof that Allah exists,

إِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ رَبِّيَ الَّذِي يُحْيِـي وَيُمِيتُ

When Ibrahim said (to him):"My Lord is He Who gives life and causes death",

meaning, "The proof of Allah's existence is the creations that exist after they were nothing and perish after they had existed. This only proves the existence of the Creator, Who does what He wills, for these things could not have occurred on their own without a Creator who created them, and He is the Lord that I call to for worship, Alone without a partner."

This is when Nimrod said,

قَالَ أَنَا أُحْيِـي وَأُمِيتُ He said, "I give life and cause death".

Scholars like Qatadah, Muhammad bin Ishaq and As-Suddi said that he meant, "Two men who deserved execution were to be brought before me, and I would command that one of them be killed, and he would be killed. I would command that the second man be pardoned, and he would be pardoned. This is how I bring life and death."

This explanation didn't provide an answer to what Ibrahim said. Nimrod arrogantly and defiantly claimed that he was the creator and pretended that it was he who brings life and death. He proved the existance of the Creator by the occurrence of visible things, such as granting life to creatures and bringing of death to them. For it is not possible that they brought themselves into existance; their must be a creator that brings them into existance and designed them to man and steers the heavenly bodies in their orbit and directs the winds, clouds and rain. This is why Prophet Ibrahim said;

قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ يَأْتِي بِالشَّمْسِ مِنَ الْمَشْرِقِ فَأْتِ بِهَا مِنَ الْمَغْرِبِ

Ibrahim said, "Verily, Allah brings the sun from the east; then bring it you from the west". This Ayah means, "You claim that it is you who brings life and death. He who brings life and death controls the existence and creates whatever is in it, including controlling its planets and their movements. For instance, the sun rises everyday from the east. Therefore, if you were god, as you claimed, bringing life and death, then bring the sun from the west."

Since the king was aware of his weakness, inadequacy and that he was not able to reply to Ibrahim's request, he was defeated, silenced and unable to comment. Therefore, the proof was established against him.

فَبُهِتَ الَّذِي كَفَرَ

وَاللّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

So the disbeliever were utterly defeated.

Allah guides not the people, who are wrongdoers."

How Nimrod died;

Nimrod decided to fight with the Lord of Ibrahim (a.s), so he gathered thousands of soldiers for his army and said; " We are going to take our arrows and shoot them straight in that sky from where the revelation comes to Ibrahim(a.s)."

He then calls to Allah and challenge the Mighty Al-Qawwii. Then all of a sudden, a lot of Mosquitos were there, running around and all over the place where Nimrood and his army were and the soldiers started running trying to get the mosquitos off them. Then Nimrood sniffs a mosquito and the mosquito enter into his nostril and Allah makes that mosquito survive and somehow made its way to Nimrood's brain.

The mosquito sacks his blood and produce a sound that is bothering and every time it does that he whacks his own head and when it stops it feel relief but then again it start again. He gets tired of whacking himself and he tells his soldier to stand next to him and whack him with his club whenever he hears the mosquito.

He goes mad whenever he hears the buzzing in his head and the soldier hits Nimrood's head. Days goes by and Nimrood is going mad and insane from the buzzing sound and the sucking of blood and the soldier is tired since whenever he hits the buzzing becomes stronger and he has to hit harder.

So the soldier decide let me kill the mosquito since its getting more stronger and he decide to give the hardest of hitting's on the kings head and by doing so Nimrood collapses and dies on the spot.

Subhanallah, He wanted to challenge Allah and look at what Allah punishes him with. A mosquito! one of the smallest of creatures Allah created.

DID YOU KNOW

Al-Jabbar (the Compeller) means the one who kindly treats and cure dejected hearts, the one who protects and shelter those who restort to Him and seek seek refuge to Him

Al-Qawii (the Strong)

Al-Matin (the Powerful)