Epilogue; Niall James Horan & Justin Bieber

Niall was having a Cuppa when it happened. The door bell to his favorite little coffee shopped chimed, and a lad came in, with brown hair quiffed up, and bobs my uncle, brown eyes that are piercing and pretty and thick all at the same time. They sort of look like chocolate, and honey, and compassion and music all at the same time. And his eyes meet Niall’s, a blue that is lapping and full of so much pain and regret and longing. So dark and filled and wide that brown eyes knows instantly that the boys' sanity is slipping from in between his fingers.

Niall watches the boy order a coffee, a mocha to be exact, and he watches the way his long, tanned fingers drum an unfamiliar song on the counter. In then he’s got his coffee, and you won’t believe this, he’s walking over to Niall.

Most people in town ignore Niall, he’s a wreck, and he talks to Zayn’s grave a lot, and he stares off into space too often to be completely sane. So just someone taking a seat near him is something to be amazed about.

“I’m Justin,” The boy says, “Justin Bieber, and you?” He reaches out his hand and Niall takes it, and is pleasantly surprised when a random tingle shoots through his body. The other boy seems to notice as well and raises his eyebrows expectantly.

“Niall, Niall Horan.” Niall says, and his voice is weak because he hasn’t used it but to talk to a dead guy and it’s pretty pathetic how much it trembles. And when he brings his Cuppa to his lips it’s shaking so bad he can hear it sloshing, and he finds himself surprised when Justin wraps his fingers over his own and steadies him.

“Well Niall Horan, you look like you’ve got a story to tell.” Justin says, and takes one of Niall’s hands in his own, and looks into those eyes. The eyes full of so many things, fear and pain and longing and distrust, it makes Justin’s heart ache.

Niall feels something on his cheek, wet and sloppy, like a breezy kiss and as he reaches his hand up to capture it he’s greeted with nothing but the feel of his own ivory skin and a warm sensation that blooms and consumes his wrecked body.

“Well,” Niall begins in a soft, hesitant voice and is reassured when Justin squeezes his palm and the Cuppa warms his other hand, “It all began a year ago when Zayn Malik moved to town… He was a philosophical man you see….”

And well, that relationship ended in a wedding band and two adopted children named Zayn and Larry.

Justin falls in love with all of Niall’s little things.

Liam falls in love with Danielle’s and their daughter, Taylor’s, little things.

Harry and Louis were already in love with every single thing about each other.

Niall cries a little too often, but there's always someone to hold him.

Opaque still doesn't like to sing along to the radio, but Jacoby does and he's doing his best to make her sing a-long to.

And Louis and Harry don't like to watch the news, and their almost always caught unprepared when a storm blows around.

And Liam is just in love with the big, wide brown eyes  of his daughter and her pouty lips.

And each of their home sings a different song, and Ireland sings a song of its own with it's rolling hills full of adventure and it's sweet accents, and every puddle is home to a story and the pain behind every eye and every tear is a little to much to bear at times. And there is often a silence too thick, and sometimes the night is too heavy for shoulders, and sometimes the whisper of heartbreak that swirls with the wind is overwhelming.

But then the sun rises in the morning and hearts swell with pride, and children take their first steps, and little girls look in the mirror and see something that isn't as hideous as it was before. Scars turn white and pucker, and hair grows thicker, and lies become easier to thread.

But, along with sunrise comes a layer of morning dew and it refreshes the world as well as the hearts it holds.

And that, my friends, is that.