Chapter 6; Gymnastics & Lunch & Lamps & Fear

REALLY EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS TO READ CHAPTER SEVEN! AHHHH! VOTE/COMMENT/FAN! I LOVE YOU-BETHECHANGE

Chapter 6; Gymnastics & Lunch & Lamps & Fear

“There’s something I want to tell you, Op.” Zayn said, taking a large swallow of Diet Coke from his red plastic cup. He felt all of the little bumps on the cup with his finger-tips, smiling numbly. He was so excited he could hardly contain himself. He watched his sister fidget nervously with the paper napkin she had spread out wide and set in her lap to ward against dropped food stains. “I called an instructor, and you can have your first beginners Gymnastics lesson on Monday at 4:15, directly after school. It’ll be the same place and time every week, twice a week. Monday at 4:15 and Thursdays at 5:10.” He couldn’t hold it in anymore, a smile crippled his face and his cheeks throbbed from the large grin that threatened to split his very face in half. An expression like that could make the sanest man go crazy!

Understanding dawned over Opaque’s face several seconds later, her eyes widening as she put her palms flat on the table, her fingers splayed in an excited, innocent gesture. Her eyes were lit up like a Christmas tree as she looked with heavy lids at her older brother. She began to bounce in her seat, so excited that she clenched her hands into fists, in then released, reaching out her hands she gave her brother a high five. “Oh, Zaynie!” She trilled, brushing the fallen brown locks out of her eyes with a huff. She did her best to lean across the table and hug her brother, the side of the table poking roughly into her flat stomach. She was so excited she felt butterflies erupt in her stomach, the fluttering making her jittery. She was so excited!

Niall kept to himself, smiling as he folded and unfolded his napkin. He made a large triangle, into which he formed into several smaller triangles. When the wad got so small it was impossible to fold over itself he unraveled and began again, not using the same creased lines as before. He felt like a stranger, someone just intruding on an intimate, warm family affair. It made him ache for his mother. He zoned out of the conversation, focused solely on the small white napkin that had a rip in the right corner from all of the fumbling. He was out of it until someone laid a heavy, thick arm on his shoulder and pressed their fingers into his side, right under his ribcage. He tried to keep his eyes downcast, embarrassed, but in a good, sweet way.

“Opaque, I think we need to get a new place.” Zayn said, watching as the dark haired server took long strides over to them, ready to take their lunch order. The boy had a single piercing through his left eyebrow, one hoop through the middle of his bottom lip, and a row of simple studs on both of his ears, surrounding the whole shell. He had black hair, greasy towards the top, that fell lifelessly onto his shoulders. He wore a drab expression, small lips pressed together in a thin, unfriendly line and dark, somber black eyes. They were such a dark brown there didn’t appear to be anything but pupil, and he wore double matching’s of black under a bright red apron. The effect was grotesque, and the over-coating smock looked like blood flecking concrete. “Ours is so big, and I would have a lot more pocket cash with a simple flat.” The Pakistani boy watched his sister take a dainty little sip out of her sprite and watched her eyes crinkle lovingly around the corners.

“That’d be nice. I can still-“ She rolled her eyes, tossing her hair as the waiter came to a stop at the mast of the table, right beside Zayn who was tapping his fingers against the rim of his cup while his sister spoke, “Like- sense Tom or something. It’d be nice to know he didn’t know where we lived.” Her voice went husky as she sent a dazzling, white smile at the attendee. Which he returned, looking even more snake like when his lips twirled up in a bemused, masochistic smile. A chill ran down the little girls spine and she sank deeper into the beige, plush booth seat and stared down at her fingers.