Chapter 3

Nats pov

I run a nice warm bath for Avery and help her get in. My eyes suddenly flicker to a huge scar that trails down from her shoulder, down her chest then to her stomach. The scar was pale in colour and bumpy raised above the skin ever so slightly. 

"Does that hurt?" I ask nodding towards the scar. 

Avery looked away, blinking fast.

"It- it did years ago when I first received it," she says quietly.

Received it? I think playing the word in my head then I suddenly realise they did this Hydra.

"I can't believe someone could do this to you" I whisper.

Avery sits there awkwardly. I don't know what to do. I could splash her with the water but that may scare her. I'm brought back to the present when I feel warm water splash on my face and hear a little giggle. I smile and splash her back. I don't know why but I feel like I have seen this girl somewhere before. Her little face looks oddly familiar. I just can't put my finger on it. She reminds me of my little sister who died when I was little. It's the piercing blue eyes and long wavy brown hair I gasp causing Avery to flinch. It couldn't be her, she's dead, it can't.

"Avery what's your last name," I ask urgently.

The little girl shrugs and stands up. I help her out of the bath wrapping a soft white towel around her tiny body. I change her into a hoodie of mine that goes past her thighs.

 I change her into a hoodie of mine that goes past her thighs

This is what the hoodie looks like

She yawns quietly so I tuck her up into my bed and she quickly falls asleep. Smiling, I go find the others to tell them about my assumption. I find them all sitting in the living room and they all look up, seeing my concerned face. 

"You ok Nat" Clint asks.

I take a deep breath "I- I think Avery is my….. Sister".

Clint’s pov

“What!” I yell.

Thor out of the blue walks in eating a pop tart he stops mid-bite when he sees all our faces. He takes a bite of his pop tart then turns around and leaves saying nope in the process. Nat ignores him and starts talking.

"When I was little I had a little sister named Amy she passed away when she was nine she-" 

"She- she was murdered," she says a single tear rolls down her face.

"I don't know how she's alive but it's her. I also don't know how she hasn't aged". She says with a confused look coming across her face.

"Well she was with Hydra so maybe they froze her" Steve explains.

"It does make sense Nat" I add.

Tears fill the usually strong woman's eyes making her look away from the group. I give everyone the I will handle this look they all nod and leave the room. I walk over to Natasha and pull her into a hug. She lets out a silent sob making me hug her tighter. I rub her back comfortingly as she cries. We both pull apart when we hear a blood-curdling scream. We both glance at each other before bolting to Nat's room. We see Avery laying on the floor clutching her head in pain. Green smoke forming around her body.

"What the-" 

Tony's pov 

"Fuck?"

"Shhh, shh," Nat says while wiping the tears from the girls face then she presses a kiss on her forehead. 

"Don't struggle, it will only make it worse for yourself" Bruce informs.

Avery tries to take deep breaths but fails miserably making her panic more.

"They killed her" she screams, clutching her head tighter.

"Killed who!" Bucky asks.

"They killed her, they killed her, they killed her," Avery says over and over again her blue eyes flashing green. She rocks back and forth still clutching her head.

"Who did they kill sweety" Nat pleads.

Suddenly the green smoke stops and Avery shoots her head up to look up at Natasha her cold gaze making Natasha look noticeably uncomfortable.

"Amy" Avery says before disappearing into a cloud of green smoke.

Nat looks around frantically "where did she go" she yells.

Little did they know she is in a bad place and they need to find her now!  Before it's too late….