Chapter 11

Avery's pov

BOOM!!

I go flying into a wall, hitting it with a loud thud. Black dots form around my vision while I cough, making my whole body shake and hurt. A loud ringing snaps me back into the world. I rip out the gadget they had set in my ear making the sound stop. I go back to not hearing again. I lean on the rubble for a second thinking of what I should do now.

“Run”

I slowly reach for my backpack grunting in the process. I force myself up, making me scream out in pain but I keep on walking. I need to get out of here. I stumble across the building cutting my feet on the smashed glass. When I get to the forest I try to run but I quickly stop when even more pain shoots through my body. I decide to walk slowly. I walk for hours. 

With a wet splutter I watch with tear hazed eyes as crimson decorated the ground. My arm is shaking, threatening to give from under me, much like my legs had already done. My other arm, too busy tightly fisted in my shirt. My fingers coated in blood that has soaked through the fabric. Every breath is too short and causes me to cough again, choking on the blood that rises up my throat. The world doesn't seem to matter so much in this moment, I'm so focused on the gasps for air that I can't force out the call for help that hangs on my red-stained lips. Even my curses are swallowed by my hiccups of uneasy breath. Eventually, my elbow buckles, bringing my face to kiss the floor. Ass in the air as I fold over my knees. The action bringing a new hot wave of agony that forces a grown to escape. My shoulders tremble. My fingers claw at my shirt uselessly. My eyes twist shut. I'm not panicking, yet I'm scrabbling for a useful thought. I need to move, I want to move. But none of my muscles listen. It doesn't matter what my will is, trying in vain to drag myself forward. Knees grinding against the ground. My fingers ache, digging into the ground for purchase, forcing my legs to help me squirm forward which sends new flashes of pain to my core. I tuck my head in, tears dripping down my cheeks, a sigh like breath leaving me. I let my hand unfurl from it's fist, letting my body fall slack. My sob more like a gurgle, as more blood runs free from my mouth and onto the ground. With my eyes already shut, I'm not sure when the darkness really starts to creep in, though it had been for a while. Instead, I only feel as if it envelops me entirely, with pain ebbing on it's own sickening tune, my heartbeat growing louder and louder. The overwhelming thud of every desperate attempt to keep my body going. Thoughts flash through my mind. Alone. Ending. Helpless. The darkness takes hold. 

I wake up the rain biting at my skin like needles. The forest floor painted crimson from the blood that trickles out of me. Dirt and leaves tangled in my long brown hair. I reach over for my backpack and tug it towards me. I'm glad the backpack is waterproof or my stuff would have been soaked in seconds. I unzip it and grab out a first aid kit. I tilt my head back gritting my teeth as I stick my fingers into a bullet hole pulling out the bullet. Blood soaks my hands as I treat the rest of my injuries. Once I finish I sling my bag over my shoulder and start walking again. I find myself in New York and in front of a closed mall. I use my powers to shut off all the security cameras and alarms. I haven't used my powers since I turned deaf but that was when I was a wolf so hopefully, there won't be any side effects. I walk around for a bit and find a clothes store. I know stealing is bad but I kinda need to in my situation. I grab a white shirt with a green coat and black jeans to top up the look I grab a pair of black Nikes.

 I grab a white shirt with a green coat and black jeans to top up the look I grab a pair of black Nikes

I strip in a changing room. I look at my fully naked body in the mirror. It's covered in cuts, bruises and scars. Most of them from Master Cameron or Dr Neiman, some from myself. Sighing I change into the outfit putting the coat back on the rack as I decide I don't like it. Instead, I put on my champion hoodie, the logo truly faded. I don't know where I got the hoodie, I've always had it with me. It smells of blood and sweat but also a very faint scent of someone else. I grab my things and walk out of the shop. I walk around for a while and find something called Mcdonalds?. My tummy rumbles at the sight of the menu. I haven't had a decent meal in year's. I go around back and heat up some food (yes already made makes sense I'm too lazy to make her make it herself she will probably burn down the whole place anyway) 

 I go around back and heat up some food (yes already made makes sense I'm too lazy to make her make it herself she will probably burn down the whole place anyway) 

I sit at and table and demolish the food in minutes. These things called chicken nuggets are so freaking good. If I could I would live of them. The hunger quickly drains out of me satisfying my stomach. I clean up and go find a phone shop as I will need one. I read about them when I was at Hydra with one of the few books they have. I turn a corner and then another and then another. 

"Where the fuck is the shop" I grumble.

I'm about to give up when I find it at last. I grab a iPhone 8 plus and a black marble case for it. 

I hack into the phone giving me free endless data and I disable the tracker

I hack into the phone giving me free endless data and I disable the tracker. (I don't even know if that is possible but it's my story it doesn't have to be realistic) I grab a few more things then leave the mall. Once I'm out I put the alarms and cameras back on. I find a park and sit with my legs crossed on a wooden bench to set up my phone and to download a few things. I hack into the phone again to get free Minecraft which I've seen the younger guards play. It could come in handy if I need to build a replica of something. I make a personal assistant like Tony Starks and call it Kate. I'm about to finish up when I see a blonde man sprint by I take a closer look. Who's that guy Kate? He looks so familiar. (She made it so Kate's in her head that how she can hear her also using her powers)

"Running facial recognition Miss" her voice booms in my head. 

"That is Steve Rogers aka Cap-"

"Captain America" I spit in anger.

I start walking over to him but he gets into a car. A red-haired woman is in the driver seat. She leans forward and spots me.Her eyes go wide as if she recognises me and I know why because I'm her sister

"Shit," I say.

Before she can get out of the car I run the other way. I just escaped Hydra, I can't get caught. I round a corner into an alleyway. Dead end what my luck. 

Sorry it's really bad I'm not really motivated at the moment stupid school is stressing me out so yeah sorry bye have a good easter if you celebrate it I'm going to go charge my tablet it at 13%- Avengersfan0987