chapter 12

Avery's pov

I whip around just in time as Natasha and Steve enter the alleyway. I put my hand in my pocket feeling the gun there. 

"Avery we just want to talk," Natasha explains as I read her lips.

I frown, grabbing the gun and holding it in my pocket.

"You guys betrayed me" I spit in anger.

Steve talks while taking a step forward though I can't hear him talking.

"I wouldn't take another step closer Rogers" I warn him. 

"Just come home" Natasha pleads.

"They are stalling Miss Iron man is slowly closing in on you," Kate says.

"Bad idea" I shout while Iron man flies towards me. I jump up doing a flip in the air then landing on top of his suit. I smirk disabling his suit.

"Not again" he shouts.

I jump off of the falling Tony Stank and onto Steves's shoulders flipping him over, pinning him down. I sense someone behind me I do a backbend while curling my hand into a fist aiming it for the front of Natasha's nose. My fist hits the bridge of her nose. Her blood splatters all over the ground of the alleyway. She goes in for a punch but I block it and grab out my gun pointing it towards Steve's head. Natasha's lips move but I don't bother to read them. I get up still pointing the gun at Steve's head.

"If you guys follow me I will blow a hole in each of your mindless heads".

I walk out of the alleyway and walk off towards well anywhere. I'm about to cross the street when I see reddish smoke before I can do anything, memories start to play in front of me. 

"Does that look clean to you?" Dr Neiman shook his head in disappointment "You promised me a clean room and so far you haven't delivered".

I stared down at the floor and the dark red that I had been trying so desperately to mop up. The bucket of water tainted with the blood that was still slowly flowing from the wounds all over my body.

"I'm sorry" I trembled. "I'm almost done, I promise".

"I suppose I could give you more time…." Dr Neiman sighed and reached out to grip my chin. 

"But then you wouldn't learn would you?"

(Scene change)

I gave the cuffs around my wrists a hard tug, but they wouldn't budge. I was lying on my back, on my own bed, well, at least the bed given to me by Master Cameron, my hands raised above me and cuffed to the headboard with my shoulders resting against it. My fearful eyes looked up at Dr Neiman, who took his time approaching my helpless figure. I winced as I heard the click of his switch knife. My eyes grew in horror conveying just a single, simple message: Don't come any closer. Stay away from me!

A message Dr Neiman could read clearly, but elected to ignore, of course.

I gave a soft whimper, giving another meaningless tug at my bonds as Dr Neiman raised his knee onto the end of the bed, crawling even closer. As a final resort to create some distance, I pulled up my knees close to my body, forming a barrier between me. It was the only defence I had with my hands bound, the only means to keep me at bay. Dr Neiman grinned and kneeled in front of the useless blockade. He folded his arms over his knees, letting his chin rest on his arms and he leisurely almost tenderly looked right into my eyes. 

"Don't be like that, dear. Lower your legs for me" he rose and let his palms press down on my knees, increasing the pressure, alternating between pushing my legs down and to the side.