chapter 8

Avery’s pov

I had transformed into my wolf form and was now bounding towards a place to hide. I know that these people wouldn't follow me and I also know that that lady was watching me. I need to kill her, that's my mission. I just need to trick them, which I have already done. I take a hard right and make my way to their ship transforming back into my human form.

“It’s been a long day” I hear her say.

“It has and now you're going to die,” I say as loud as I dare not wanting to draw any attention to the people outside. She stands up.

“Avery this is not you,” She says.

I transform back into my wolf form.

It is me I growl before going in for the kill. Claws outstretched and fangs bared I pounce at her but before I could land a blow I hear a loud bang then I fall to the ground blood pouring out of my flank painting my white coat crimson red. I quickly get up and bolt out of the jet. 

“I’m so fucked Dr Neiman is going to kill me” I mumble.

"Watch where you're going" Dr Neiman growls as I run face-first into him. I can only just hear him, my hearing muffled. It sounds like I'm going deaf probably due to the explosions or transforming as it has side effects sometimes very rarely though.

He stood there, his dark piercing eyes bore into my light ones.

"S-Sorry" 

A small smile tugs at the corners of Dr Neiman's mouth and he chuckles.

"Sorry's not going to be good enough I saw you out there you failed your mission"

I transform back into my human form and start to say sorry again when he speaks.

"Repeat your rules back to me" 

My breath catches in my throat, but I manage to let out a slow stream of air. 

".....Never speak unless given permission by you, Do not fight back when you are punishing me. Never….Never cry, it's a sign of weakness. Let you use my body in-in w-whatever way you please. Do not ever leave you"

"Very good. Now, repeat your truths to me."

Tears begin to stream down my face.

"No one is looking for me. No one-No one wants to find me. If I try to leave, I will die. If I am punished, it's because I deserve it. My body is not my own. If I am good for you, you will be happy. And…..and I want you to be happy". 

I don't mean the last part. I don't want him to feel anything close to happiness but I don't want more punishment than I already am going to receive.

"Now let's go back to the base for your punishment" Dr Neiman sneers.

All I hear is punishment.

Dr Neiman ignores my cries and deftly threads a needle into my IV tube. Before he pushes me down onto the seat, he grabs my chin and wrenches my face downwards to make me helplessly watch the solution flow into my arm. A moment of calm rushes over me before my head gets snapped backwards before the rest of my body follows and my back slams against the chair. Dr Neimans steps back, dropping the syringe on the ground, and kicking it away without looking away from my twitching, sweating form bound to the chair. My breaths become shallow and fast, I can't get a full breath for the spasms that wrack my chest. My whole body began to quiver and jerk as if attached to a live wire. I open my mouth to scream but only uttered choked gasps and incoherent sounds came out. 

"What -s-s-st-stop, I -" 

My whole body tightens and I contract my arms and legs as close to my core as the bonds would allow and then I throw them for another convulsion. Sweat beads off and runs down my temples and neck, joining the tears that leak out from underneath my clenched eyelids. The chair legs knock against the concrete floor with the force of my shaking. Dr Neiman stands at an arm's length to watch my body shiver and buck against the drugs coursing through my system, preventing me from slipping into unconsciousness.

"What your feeling now, it's called over-amping, when you OD on stimulants. Don't worry about it wearing off, there is more where it came from" Dr Neiman sneers.

"Don't" I whisper.

My eyes lock to yet another syringe in his hand. 

"Don't" a bolt of panic shoots through me, dizzying and sick. My limbs lurch uselessly against the restraints clamped cruelly tight. It did nothing. I can barely move an inch. Dr Neiman sweeps closer without a care. I don't like needles at the best of times, let alone now. A cold, damp spread through the basement room. The needle is a wicked looking thing, hardly the subtle sting of a flu jab. I just can't take it anymore and pass out.

When I wake I can taste blood in my mouth, as coppery and wrong as everything else. I brace myself the best I can, my breath coming rapidly behind the sodden fabric pressed against my tongue. My heart slams. Air displaces near me. I flinch, despite promising myself that I wouldn't. Gloved hands catch each side of my face. I wrench against the grip. The hands tighten. The grip holds for a moment, too firm but not unkind until I realise I'm not about to get smacked making me go still enough on my own accord. The hands move up, working the blindfold free and letting it drop around my neck. I inhale a startled breath. I recognise Master Cameron the boss, of course. I've never seen him up close. Definitely not this close, only inches away. The two of us stare at each other for a beat. Master Camerons gaze, sharp and assessing and if I wasn't mistaken a little surprised. I swallow. One of the guards had backed up into the corner, trembling, eyes fixed on Master Cameron with fright. He sports a bloody nose. 

We continue to stare at each other until my breathing begins to settle and the fog of panic has thinned to a less disorientating fear. Master Cameron's hand moves to brush along the shell of my ear, lightly enough to make a shiver run down my spine. Master Cameron's head tilts in question.

“Can you hear me?” his lips move with deliberate slowness, forming the words carefully.

My hearing had gotten worse, I couldn't even hear him. I consider my options for a second. I consider lying, before pushing the thought away, giving a tired shake of my head.

"The explosions?" He asks slowly.

I snort "No not the damn explosions," I say sarcastically.

Master Cameron scowls at me. His mouth quickens as he tosses orders to the various guards and employees. The blindfold turns the world dark again.