12.

<RETURN>

*Jimin's pov*

I woke up in the middle of the night. I knew I had slept for a few hours, but I couldn't sleep any more. I kept getting flashes of the events that happened tonight. I was so glad Yoongi was okay. He's the one that I grew attached to the most. He doesn't know, but there's something about him that reminds me of my big brother that also didn't survive the beginning of this apocalypse.

The cold floor was hurting my back. I missed the soft mattress from last night. I looked at my side and noticed Yoongi was staring at the ceiling. For how long was he awake?

"Hyung?" I spoke up softly. He instantly turned his head towards me with a frown.

"Since when did you decide to call me that?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I knew the exact reason but I wasn't going to tell him that. It would sound too cringy. But tonight made me realize that he really means a lot to me.

"Alright."

"For how long have you been awake?" I asked to change the topic.

"One hour I'd guess." He answered. He also went to sit up straight. I guess the floor might also be hurting his back at this point.

"Are you okay?" I couldn't help but ask him. I knew his answer. Of course he wasn't okay but I was at least hoping he was feeling a bit better than before. Yoongi shook his head.

"I really wanna go home." He admitted softly, looking down at the ground. I felt my heart sting. I knew that eventually, he would have to leave this awful place but deep down I was hoping he would stay with me. If he leaves, I don't have anyone else left.

"I understand. I will get you home, I promise." I told him. My mission has always been to find a cure but tonight my mission changed to getting Yoongi home. Even though if that meant he had to leave me here.

He looked back up at me and carefully took my hand in his, softly rubbing his thumb over it.

"Are you okay, Jimin?"

"I'm totally fine. I can handle death at this point." I replied. It wasn't entirely true but I don't want to come off as a vulnerable person. Yoongi nodded.

"We're back to square one." Yoongi spoke unhopeful. He was right. We were getting so far. Also with the help of Seokjin and Hoseok, but we lost everything tonight. We're back to where we started, when I first met him.

"We could go back?" I suggested. He looked at me with wide-eyes, disagreeing immediately.

"I'm not going back to that place and look at their corpses, Jimin."

"But... Hoseok could have something on him that can give us a clue." I told him. The mention of Hoseok made him look back at the ground again. I almost forgot he was his best friend back in his world.

"I know it must be hard on you but you know I could be right."

"...What about Jin?" He spoke, almost in a whisper. "I do not want to look at his half-eaten body." He added. I agreed. The thought of Jin's organs eaten up by zombies makes me sick.

"You probably can't identify his body anymore though." I said. Yoongi made a gagging sound at that, making me chuckle a little.

We agreed to go back to the barn later and maybe even check Taehyung's house next. There could be something that could help us fasten the process of finding a cure and getting Yoongi home. But it was still dark outside so we played cards till the sun started to rise.

The sun started brightening up the sky. A sign for us to leave the gas station behind. We didn't leave without putting some snacks in our backpacks. We could use some food by now.

"How long did we run yesterday?" Yoongi spoke as he was munching on a sandwich he brought from the gas station. We were already walking for 15 minutes and there was still no barn in sight.

"A long time it seems." I replied.

Luckily not long after that, the barn appeared in the distance. I sighed in relief. I almost thought we didn't know the way back.

We came closer to the barn. The barn door was wide open from yesterday when the zombies barged in. Yoongi stopped in his tracks.

"I don't think I can go inside." I ignored him and walked inside myself. My stomach took a turn when I spotted the mess.

A few dead zombies were lying on the ground. I guess Taehyung was able to kill a few before he got killed himself, or it were the zombies that we killed. Hoseok still laid in the position he had died in. I guess the zombies didn't like him enough to eat.

I was still able to recognize the other person that was lying on the ground, Seokjin. Just like I had imagined, the zombies found him quite tasty. He had a deep hole in his chest and his organs were half hanging out. He missed an eyeball and the other eye was still wide open. He was eaten alive.

The sight and the smell were making me sick. I found myself running out of the barn again and throwing up on the ground. Yoongi approached me and rubbed my back. I wiped my mouth and panted lightly.

I looked behind me and saw Yoongi slowly walking towards the open barn door to take a look inside. Once he had seen what I saw he instantly turned around with his hand covering his mouth.

"Holy fuck."