20.

<DANGER>

*Third person pov*

Yoongi was still standing on the lookout whilst Jungkook was trying to copy everything for the cure. "Do you know someone named Hoseok?" Jungkook asked. Yoongi's head shot up and immediately walked over to the boy.

"What about him?" He asked as he looked down at the notebook Jungkook held in his hands. He turned a page and ran his fingers over the fully written paper.

"He left notes behind." Jungkook replied, examining the text with his eyes.

"Notes?"

"Take a look." Jungkook handed the notebook over to Yoongi and started focusing back on the serum that had to be made. Yoongi ran his eyes over the written page. It seemed to be notes of how he survived. Kind of like a journal. It changed when Yoongi turned a few pages. The last written page had notes of the cure he was carrying with him.

"I stole it from the military base. I don't know what it's made of but I'm hoping to find someone who can turn it into a definite cure." Yoongi read. He frowned at the word 'definite'. His mouth dropped when he realized what this meant.

"The cure is temporary." He mumbled in shock. It wasn't the definite cure. That's why Hoseok wanted to help us because he didn't have the official cure yet. But they did inject Taehyung with it and if it's really temporary that means that... he will change soon.

"What?" Jungkook turned his head towards the panicked Yoongi. He had heard what he said all too well and he didn't like the sound of it.

"It's not the definite cure." Yoongi said now looking Jungkook straight in his eyes. Fear could be written all over his face. "Taehyung is in danger!"

"You gave Taehyung the cure?! He was infected?!" Jungkook almost screamed out. Yoongi nodded. He leaned down and quickly grabbed everything from the table Jungkook was working at, pushing everything inside his backpack. "We have to leave." He stated.

The two boys ran down the stairs of the hospital as fast as they could. They knew the horde was still waiting outside the building for them so they needed to take another exit. Yoongi knew exactly which one.

He dragged Jungkook to the garden place of the hospital where Yoongi and Jimin drove away on his first day in the game. Unfortunately, there was no vehicle they could use so they had to go on foot.

"Follow me!" Jungkook shouted and waved Yoongi over. They quickly made their way out of the garden and ran as fast as possible back towards the house. To their luck, the horde had no idea the boys had escaped through another exit so they could go back to the house safely.

Just when they wanted to storm inside, a limping Namjoon walked out as he coughed loudly. The boy was almost about to collapse to the floor, but Jungkook reached out to hold him just in time.

"What happened?" Yoongi spoke. Namjoon caught his breath just in time to tell Yoongi what was going on.

"Jimin- he... he turned." The boy chocked out. Yoongi couldn't believe his ears. He hoped this was a dream he still needed to wake up from, a terrible nightmare. They were too late.

For Taehyung and Jimin.

They had failed.

"Where's Tae?" Jungkook asked the boy he was still holding in his arms.

"I warned him about what was happening. He told me to get out of the house." Namjoon replied. He was barely hearable by how weak his voice was. But Jungkook understood every single word of what he said. The boy looked up at the terrified Yoongi.

"If Taehyung is still at the mall, there is a chance he turned there. He won't be able to get back here." Jungkook told Yoongi. That meant that they were safe from Taehyung who had probably turned into one of the walking dead by now.

"Are you sure Jimin is already one of them?" Yoongi asked Namjoon in fear. The other hesitated which was for Yoongi a sign that there was still hope.

"Give me the cure." Yoongi demanded Jungkook. He immediately shook his head.

"We will be back to square one!" Jungkook exclaimed. He didn't want to risk it and need to start all over again. They were about to have a breakthrough. He couldn't give their last hope to Jimin only to temporarily save him.

"I said give it to me." Yoongi snapped. The fear inside of him made him angry. He was sick of being in this terrible nightmare and he wanted to wake up, in his own apartment back home. He wanted to be all alone again.

Yoongi's sudden anger scared Jungkook so he gave in. He reached down his pocket and threw the syringe with the temporary cure towards the older. Yoongi caught it and immediately went inside. It didn't take him long to spot sweating and almost screaming Jimin on the ground. He was in terrible shape and Yoongi knew he had to handle it fast.

Since this was the smaller syringe Hoseok had in his jacket back then, he was hoping this would be enough for Jimin who was already far down the process of turning into a zombie. Yoongi crouched down and stabbed the syringe inside Jimin's neck. He pushed the liquid into his body and then pulled the syringe back out.

He moved away from Jimin in fear. He watched how the boy in front of him slowly started breathing normally and his skin turn back to a soft caramel color. Yoongi sighed in relief.

He was just in time.

But he knew he fucked up.