14.

<ALIVE>

*Yoongi's pov*

We stayed at Taehyung's house to figure out the situation we are in. Why would Hoseok lie to us? Why would he hide the cure?

"Are you doing better?" Jimin asked Taehyung. He wasn't infected anymore but definitely still recovering from a fever.

"I'm alright now, thanks." He replied with a small smile. He did seem thankful but it looked like he wanted to say something more.

"I'm really sorry for shooting Hoseok." Taehyung apologized. Deep down I still don't quite know if I can trust him, because things took a big turn last time. But he does look like he means it.

"I just- I was still so mad at Jimin for everything he had done to me. I wouldn't think Hoseok would actually jump in front of him to protect him." The boy then explained.

"So you really wanted me dead huh?" Jimin spoke. Taehyung nodded sadly. I sighed as I squeezed my hands together. There was still some tension between the both of them.

"Taehyung?"

"Mhm."

"Did you see... umm... how Seokjin died exactly?" I asked uncertainly. I wanted to forget his death more than anything but the one thing I really need to know if Jin was already dead before... the zombies decided to eat his guts.

Taehyung took a deep breath.

"I didn't pay much attention to him since I was trying to get out alive myself, but the thing I do remember is the way- the way he screamed... and how his screams faded every few seconds. I'm pretty sure he was-"

"Eaten alive." Jimin cut him off. "Just like I thought."

The thought of it made me want to run to the bathroom and throw up all my insides but I was still able to stop myself from doing so.

"I'm sorry..." Taehyung spoke up again. Jimin reached over and gently placed his hand on the boy's shoulder.

"We're in a zombie apocalypse... We all already knew from the start we were going to die at some point." Jimin said to make the boy feel less guilty. I nodded. "He's right."

Jimin gave me a look. Of course, I didn't know people were going to die this fast the moment I came here - and he knows that, but Taehyung doesn't. And I have to say I do not trust the boy enough to tell him about 'my world'.

"So what should we do now?" Taehyung asked. Me and Jimin remained silent. We both didn't know how to answer that. We didn't have any other plan.

"What about Jungkook?" Taehyung suggested, making the both of us look at him.

"Who?"

"Jungkook." Jimin said, now looking over at me. "He was another student in our science class."

"And he was incredibly good at it too." Taehyung added.

"Do you think he can replicate the cure we have left?" I asked. Taehyung and Jimin both looked at each other before nodding. "I think so." Taehyung said.

"Alright then. Where does he live?"

The next thing I knew we were on another long, very long walk, to get to Jungkook's house. Jimin said it was near the abandoned hospital we first met. So it will definitely take a while before we get back there. Two days at least.

"Taehyung." I spoke, now walking next to him, following his pace.

"Mhm."

"Your father wasn't in the house." I started. I wanted to ask him about it but the look on Taehyung's face stopped me from doing so.

"Please... I don't want to talk about it." He told me. I respected that so I nodded at him. The boy then started to walk a bit faster to get away from me and followed up with Jimin.

I sighed as I strolled behind the two towards the big city.

I started to notice that Jimin was slightly limping. Did Taehyung hurt him when he jumped him? Or did he get hurt from last night? Again, I wanted to ask him about it but he was currently talking with Taehyung so I let them be.

Talking could be good for both of them. I don't want any other person dying soon.

It has been 3 hours and my legs started to feel tired. We were taking a different route than before so we did not really know if we were going the right way or not.

"I'm tired." Taehyung complained, speaking my thoughts aloud. Jimin stopped and looked at both of us. That boy didn't seem tired at all. Jimin looked around before giving in.

"I guess we can take a break."

"What about we stay here for the night? I don't like wandering around when it's getting dark." Taehyung suggested. It was still bright outside but soon the sky would turn darker.

"We don't have any shelter though." I spoke. I mean, we kind of did but it wasn't the best. We were standing nearby a small shop but the windows were shattered so it wouldn't really protect us from the zombies, who I haven't seen in a while by the way... so that confuses me.

"Someone has to stand guard for the night." Jimin said, slightly chuckling.

We all sat down on this tree trunk that had fallen just in front of the small shop. Taehyung collected some wood and stacked it on top of each other to make a campfire. Meanwhile, Jimin was roasting some chicken that he had still in his backpack from the gas station.

It wasn't much, but it would at least feed all of us a decent amount of food for tonight.

Jimin sat next to me whilst Taehyung sat down on the ground a bit more near the fire. I guess he was getting cold since the sun was almost down already at this point.

"I haven't seen many zombies today." I spoke my thoughts aloud. Jimin looked up at me whilst he was munching on his very last piece of chicken. He nodded in agreement and so did Taehyung.

"Same." He mumbled. He didn't sound worried about it. Not that he has to be since it's actually great not to get attacked by the walking dead, but how come so many of them disappeared out of a sudden.

"I guess most of them are wandering around the city. So be prepared for tomorrow." Taehyung spoke as he played with a knife in his hand. I sighed loudly. I was getting sick of being here. I know I wished for at least one friend on my birthday. But this was definitely not what I meant.