17.

<BITTEN>

*Third person pov*

Namjoon was currently sleeping. The boy was in bad shape and started to get a fever. Everyone was now gathered in the living room, trying to make sense of what has happened.

"How did you know?" Jimin asked Taehyung. He and Yoongi were both extremely confused about the fact he kind of 'called' Jungkook with that single gunshot. Oh, and apparently the boys were good friends which none of them knew.

"When all of this started happening we told each other that whenever we were near someone's place and needed help. We would shot in the air to get the other's attention." Taehyung tried to explain to the boys. But Jimin and Yoongi still did not quite get it.

"But, how did you know it was Taehyung?" Yoongi now asked Jungkook.

"I just- had a feeling, you know?" Jungkook replied. It was pretty vague to Jimin but Yoongi understood. He has had several moments where he also just had a feeling about something.

"Were you ever going to tell us he's your best friend?" Jimin asked, looking over at Taehyung. The boy shrugged. "I don't know, it didn't seem necessary." He answered honestly. I guess that makes sense, Jimin thought.

"This whole situation is so freaking bizarre." Yoongi spoke. Things were getting complicated for the boy. He did not understand why some things happened and if it was programmed to. Or if this game wasn't even programmed. He still didn't even understand how he got here in the first place.

"Tell me about it." Jungkook agreed. He let out a sigh before standing up from the couch. "I know it's not that late, but I'm going to get some rest."

"Yeah, same. I haven't slept all night." Taehyung said. He stood guard for the night so the boys could only imagine how tired he must be right now.

Just when the two boys were about to make their way up the stairs, Yoongi spoke up again.

"Where's your mother by the way?" He asked Jungkook. He remembered he mentioned her because she saved Namjoon's life, but he hadn't seen her around the house yet.

"Let's just say she's in a better place now." Jungkook replied before disappearing upstairs with a half-asleep Taehyung following behind him.

"Crazy." Yoongi whispered. Jimin nodded at that with a hum. This was indeed, crazy.

"How are you doing?" Jimin asked Yoongi to get rid of the silence between them. Yoongi let out a sigh as he played with his fingers, having the urge to bite his fingers nails.

"Alright, I guess." He replied. He did not quite know how he was feeling himself, but it wasn't all too bad. He just really wished he didn't get that stupid video game on his birthday. He was happy he made some friends, but he had to leave them eventually anyway - and most of them already died.

"It's getting more clear to me this is just a video game, not a real reality." Yoongi spoke. Yoongi's whole story still confused Jimin. He started to question if he wasn't a real person. For his whole life, he actually thought he was until Yoongi arrived, and now he's just a game character, apparently.

It didn't bother Jimin at all in the beginning, but now it was slowly getting to his head.

"Is your leg okay?" Yoongi then asked the other. Jimin shot up at his sudden question. How did Yoongi know something was up with his leg. Was his limping too obvious? He thought he was hiding it pretty well. "I saw you limping the other day." Yoongi admitted.

Jimin swallowed before answering his question.

"Yeah, I probably just sprained my ankle by all that walking." Jimin replied, regretting it immediately. That was the dumbest lie he has ever told anyone in his life, and Yoongi knew it too.

"You're lying."

"I'm not." Jimin tried to defend himself but it was no use. He knew he had to tell Yoongi the truth eventually. He was just hoping he wouldn't already have to so soon. Jimin let out a sigh before reaching down to pull up the clothing around his right leg, showing the bite. Yoongi's mouth fell open. He did not expect that at all.

"When?"

"I don't know. I think I got it from one of the zombies at Taehyung's barn but I can't remember and it didn't start hurting until yesterday." Jimin admitted. You could see the black veins showing around the still bloody wound.

It wasn't just a bite. Jimin was infected. The boy is lucky he didn't get more wounds because that would fasten the process of becoming a zombie even more. But he would still turn into one eventually.

"You have to take the cure." Yoongi stated. Jimin shook his head, pulling his pants back down.

"We have to use it for research, you know that."

"I know, but I'm not letting you turn into a cannibal." Jimin chuckled at Yoongi's choice of words. But Yoongi didn't find it funny one bit. He had already lost too many friends in his time here. He didn't want to lose another one, the one he's the closest with, the one who stayed with him from the start.

"I'm serious Jimin. I won't let it happen." Yoongi said seriously. "And if that means I have to force you to take that cure, then so be it." Jimin shook his head again.

"Jungkook will be able to replicate the cure." Jimin said, but he didn't sound all too sure of his words.

"Even if I survive or not. You are still going to leave me either way." Jimin said. Yoongi's mouth dropped. He didn't know Jimin felt that way. Of course, he knew they both meant something to each other, but he did not know Jimin didn't want Yoongi to go back home.

"Jimin..."

"No it's okay, I'm not a real person anyway. But if there's a version of me in your world just like Hoseok. Please promise me you'll find him." Jimin spoke, the last few words almost in a whisper. Yoongi started to feel bad that he would eventually have to leave Jimin behind. It seemed to really bother the other, more than Yoongi had thought. Jimin always seemed so tough.

"...I promise."