▼12▲

Willow woke up hazily as sunlight shined through her window onto her face. She covered her eyes and rolled the other way while stretching out her arms. Through half closed eyes, the plant witch saw the sleeves of Boscha's jacket which she still wore. The girl smiled and hugged herself with the jacket wrapped around her. As Willow lied in bed, she checked her scroll for notifications. Sure enough, Boscha had texted her good morning with a little smiley face. 

       The plant witch had replied with a simple hello and asked if the other had slept well. Boscha lied impulsively and said she had slept like a baby, when in reality she was almost completely deprived of any rest. She didn't want Willow knowing because the girl would either worry too much or would realize that she was on Boscha's mind and would surely tease her about it. Boscha really wondered where all this confidence had come from that made Willow so much more cute than she has ever been before. 

      After a short quick shower, the potion witch felt a little more energetic from the cold water jolting awake her nerves. Slowly she dried off her hair, putting it into her usual bun hairstyle, and dressed in a soft yellow sweater with dark jeans. Boscha made her way downstairs, but didn't find her parents at the dining table for breakfast. They were most likely away due to business matters. Grateful for the time alone, the pink-haired girl ate the food in a calm silence provided by the manor's servants. As she was scrolling through Pensta, a new message appeared upon her 'screen'. It was Skara asking her if she wanted to hangout today. Boscha figured it was a good way to kill time while waiting to see Willow again, so she left for Skara's house in the meantime. 

       Upon arriving at her fellow teammate's home, Boscha noticed how overly excited her friend was than usual. Skara pulled the potion witch inside and immediately started talking along with crazy hand movements. She was speaking so fast Boscha could hardly understand any of what came out her mouth.

"Calm down," Boscha growled out, "it's too early for you to vomit a shit ton of words at me. Are you even breathing??" 

Skara took in a deep long breath and shook the potion witch by the shoulders. "The Blights are having a masquerade in 10 days! Everyone who's anyone is gonna be there. The twins said they're going to make it the biggest party ever, and even better than Grom!!" 

"Pfft, it's just another party they're throwing for them to show off their status and get some more publicity."

"C'mon Bossshh! Don't be like that! It'll be fun, just imagine all the pretty masks and waltz!" Skara began to whine, "You gotta come with me and the girls! Maybe you'll meet a cute boy..?!" She nudged her saying the last part in a suggestive tone.

However, Boscha had the idea of meeting another particular person at the ball "Yeah yeah, whatever I'll go. My parents would've told me that I have to once they hear about it."

"Omg yay!! We gotta go dress shopping now!" Skara jumped up and down repeatedly.

Boscha got up and headed for the door, "I have to go do something, but let the Banshees know so we can all go and pick some out." 

"Ooh, good idea! You sure you gotta leave so soon though? You barely got here." Skara pouted being slightly disappointed. 

"Yeah I have something to go deal with. You're lucky I even came, so don't be like that." Boscha retorted.

Skara walked her outside the front. "Oh ok. Thanks Bossh!"

"Yeah whatever." Boscha said coldly waving goodbye and then left.

       The pink-haired witch mentally slapped herself for being so mean towards her friend. Honestly, why couldn't she at least be polite? Boscha let the thought eat away at her until a call from Willow distracted her.