▼20▲

"Willow dear, we're home!" 

       Boscha jolted awake with a start, followed by the green-eyed girl a second after. They looked at each other with panicked eyes and struggled to get up. Willow rushed the potion witch into her closet and frantically closed her in. By that time her father knocked on the bedroom door and peered inside. 

"We bought more pots for your plants hon- what's wrong?" Her dad asked as he noticed his daughter's nervous expression. 

The plant witch glanced at the closet door, but quickly diverted her gaze elsewhere. "I- I was just taking a nap earlier and I woke up from a nightmare when you and dad got here..." Willow hated lying to her parent, it pained her so much. "Oh um, Boscha asked if she could come over today. Is that okay Papa?" Telling half-truths were the closest thing she could get to lying.

       Mr. Park comforted her daughter lovingly. Boscha watched through the crack of the door and felt a pang of jealousy pierce her heart. But it quickly subsided as Willow brought up her name. 

"Hmm, I suppose she can. I think it's about time we've finished that talk of ours." He said as he scratched his beard in thought. 

"But Papa! I don't know if she's ready... She's afraid of what her parents will say or do-"

"Willow. If her parents are hurting her in anyway then you need to tell me or your dad." Mr. Park held her by the shoulders and looked at her sternly. "We can help her, even if she doesn't seem to deserve it. However, you're the only one that can help her decide whether or not to accept that help."

       Within that dark closet, Boscha held a hand to her chest in anguish. Mr. Park's words rung inside her head along with other stray thoughts running rampant. Tears began to well up at her eyes for some reason. The potion witch never cared about what anyone said about her. So why did it matter so much now? It hurt because it was true. Wasn't it? 

"Maybe you can talk to her some other time? I just want to spend some time with her right now. And I bet your last talk left her stressed out." 

Her father smiled warmly with worry creasing his eyes. "Even after she's hurt you so much, you're so considerate. Honey, I don't want you to get hurt again. You'll come to realize that some people can't change..." 

"You're wrong." Willow frowned at her dad. "Boscha has changed! And you were the one always telling me to see the best in everyone, to forgive-"

"But never forget." He reminded in a serious tone. "Yes I know, but what are the chances that a former bully of yours just wants to be friends now all of a sudden? She wants something from you. Something of importance."

"She just wants to be forgiven..." Some part of Willow knew that maybe her dad was right, but she couldn't accept that possibility. "Please, give her time."

       With a pained expression, Mr. Park simply nodded and left the room. Willow closed her door and let Boscha out the closet after he had left. The plant witch gave her a tight hug and stood there in silence for a while not letting her go. The pink-haired girl felt numb, empty, like a hollowed out husk. The words she heard hurt until there was nothing left to feel. 

Willow cupped the girl's face in her hands gently. "Hey Bee. I'm sorry that you had to hear that, are you ok?"

       No response.

"Isles to Boscha! You there?" 

       No response.

"Boscha please... Talk to me?"

The three-eyed girl looked into the pleading eyes of Willow for a moment before speaking. "He's right. I'm dangerous. I'll only hurt you more than I already have."

The other just brushed the tears away with her thumb, but remained fixated on where she was. "If you're really trying to make me cry, it's working. None of that is true you know, don't listen to my dad. He's overprotective." 

Boscha hadn't realize she was crying as well. The tears streamed silently down her face. "See. I'm already hurting you... I'm not even trying to. It comes naturally. I'm just a huge bully." 

"Let me help you." Willow gave her a peck on the nose along with a worried smile. 

"I don't deserve it, you, this..." She pointed between the two of them and glanced at their intertwined hands. "You deserve so much better than me." 

"Who are you to decide that?" Willow questioned her unsure face. "Boscha, don't you get it? It doesn't matter if you deserve this or not. If you do, then you'll deal with it. If you don't, then you better come to earn it. And I'm sure you deserve this..." She pressed her delicate lips upon her cheek and hugged her once more. 

Boscha blushed and smiled warily. "That was a bit harsh, even for you. But thanks Flowers. I'll try and be someone deserving of you."

"Dummy, that's not what I meant." She chuckled as the pink-haired girl nuzzled into her shoulder. "Anyways, you should probably sneak out through the window and come back in through the door, or my parents might be suspicious." 

       The girl nodded and left, but shortly after, came back. Willow, not suspicious at all, greeted her warmly as if she had never saw her since last night. Mr. Park with the beard just greeted her with a grim expression while the other offered Boscha some apple-blood pancakes.

"No thank you. I already had some- some breakfast." Boscha quickly caught herself before she only just said 'some'. The plant witch rushed her back into the bedroom as the Park parents watched their nervous behavior confusedly.

       After shutting her door, Willow slumped onto her bed tiredly. Boscha did the same. They laughed a bit until a comfortable silence followed. The plant witch yawned and curled up beside the pink-haired girl.

"How are you still tired-" Boscha yawned. "You. Just. Slept." However, all this warmth from the green-eyed witch made her sleepy as well. She didn't want to fall back asleep, so she made an attempt to get up.

"No, I want cuddles." Willow shifted her body on top of the potion witch so that she couldn't move. "Just five more minutes~!"

Boscha groaned out a complaint, yet made herself comfortable anyways. "Fine. Only five minutes." 

       Five minutes later. Boscha was half asleep and Willow had completely dozed off already. There was a gentle knock on the door and Willow's father walked into the room with a plate-full of the special Boiling Isles cookies. He stopped as he stepped inside and adjusted his square glasses. 

"Oh. Aw how cute." He smiled at the two sleeping girls and left the plate of warm desserts on the nightstand. "I'll just leave these here then." 

★To Be Continued!★

Word count: 1146

A/N: Sorry, not sorry for the lil' bit of angst. There's gonna be more, soooooo just prepare yourselves. Thanks so much for reading! Stay safe. :'D