~Chapter 4~

When Malfoy had called Hermione a mudblood, Ron's spell backfired, and he ended up coughing up slugs. No one was there to hold back Lily's fury though, so when the Slytherins tried to laugh and no noise came out, they all looked confused, and the Gryffindor team watched as Lily stuck her wand back into her hair bun, looking extremely satisfied. She dragged Ron up then, leading the way to Hagrid's.

The Slytherin team could be seen walking around that day, looking desperate to talk again, trying to find a professor. Lily had gone straight to her Head of House the moment they reckoned Ron was okay, telling her of how Malfoy had insulted Hermione. McGonagall had looked absolutely terrifying when she came across the Slytherin team, telling Malfoy off, giving him a week's worth of detention, and taking 20 points from Slytherin, and then, finally removing the advanced silencing charm that had been placed upon them.

After the first attack, the first match was the first thing to lift peoples' spirits. Lee Jordan was once again commentating.

"And here come the Gryffindors, many people will be wondering what tricks second year Lily Weasley will be pulling out of the bag this year, after her incredible performance last year. And now, the Slytherins, along with their new Seeker enter the pitch. And they're off, Slytherin in possesion - no, there's Chaser Weasley after sneaking in right under their very noses, and she seems to be aiming already - no that was a ruse, she's dropped the Quaffle into the hands of an awaiting Johnson, distracting Slytherin - Johnson to Bell - back to Johnson - now Weasley, Weasley shoots, SHE SCORES, TEN POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR, and that's Gryffindor with the first score of the game, ladies and gentlemen."

No one seemed to notice the bludger that was following Harry, except for the three Weasleys. Lily motioned to Wood for a timeout when it was becoming clear that the bludger was only going for Harry. They decided to keep going, but when Harry caught the snitch, the bludger kept going for him.

"OH MY LORD LADIES AND GENTS, THAT'S LILY WEASLEY REALLY PUSHING HER NIMBUS'S LIMITS THERE, STREAKING ACROSS THE PITCH TOWARDS HARRY POTTER, SHE'S TAKEN HER WAND OUT, AND THAT BLUDGER HAS JUST EXPLODED, Weasley coming to a halt now that that's been taken care of, it seems Potter's going to the Hospital Wing, a result of a rogue bludger and a faulty healing charm from Professor Lockhart."

Indeed, Lily had given Lockhart a piece of her mind when Harry was rushed off to the Hospital Wing, and he was too flustered to even give her a detention before she raced across the pitch after her friends. She was there when Dobby came to visit, and she told him that Harry was too stubborn to leave. She also told Harry, after Dobby and Madam Pomfrey had left, that she too heard the voices. He looked a bit more reassured after that, but still on edge.