~Chapter 9~

They had decided on the alias of Lily Prewett for the young girl, and she was put in a dorm with one other girl. It seemed the French dormed in twos, but this girl had been the only one without a second member of her dorm. This girl just happened to be Fleur Delacour.

Lily was ecstatic to meet the girl who would grow up to be her future sister in law, or so she hoped, as Fleur really wasn't that bad. She was very nice, and Fleur was the only one of the girls that Lily told of her true identity, as them being in the same dorm meant certain things just couldn't be kept secret. Her friend praised her on her magical ability at such a young age, and on her appearance as a twelve year old which shocked her the first time she'd seen her.

Two weeks had passed, but one night, Lily saw movement in the small courtyard. She woke Fleur quickly, telling her to go to Madame Maxime, with a warning to get her to inform Kingsley. Fleur saw the determination in her friend's eyes, and did not waste a moment. Lily apparated down to the courtyard, changing her clothes, and turning on some lights. "Antonin Dolohov," she said. He turned to her sneering. "Lily Weasley," he retorted. She looked at him curiously. "Oh, so Lucius didn't tell you? Well I'm afraid I may have to reveal it to you myself then." She shifted her form to the one she had taken in the shop that day. "No..." he whispered, wide-eyed. "Oh yes. Who'd have thought, Lord Voldemort's right hand woman gone rogue. Although my loyalties never lay with him." She had taken the form of the Lestrange sister, the one that had gone missing as a child, and returned to her two brothers when she'd grown. "Of course, taking the name of Leta Lestrange, the woman who sacrificed herself against Grindelwald, and using that as the one for my fake persona should have been your first clue." She returned to her usual form. And then, the duel began.

Students who had woken watched the commotion as an experienced Death-Eater was defeated by an extremely powerful twelve year old witch. As Aurors arrived, portkeys dropped immediately, it was to find Dolohov on the ground, face to the floor, his wand a vast distance away, tied in ropes, with a threatening twelve year old standing over him, wand pressed to his back. The girl's appearance gave no clue as to the fact that she'd just take on one of You-know-who's most powerful Death-Eaters and won, apart from a single ginger hair, which had fallen from her neat bun. Her face was eerily calm. Fleur ran down from the side of the Headmistress, and pulled the girl in for a hug. The Headmistress strode down then. "You have done a great service for this school, Mademoiselle Weasley, and we will be eternally grateful. Do come and visit when you can," she smiled down at her. "Of course, Madame Maxime," she curtsied. Fleur slipped her a piece of paper with her address on it. "Write and visit," she whispered to her. Lily grinned at the girl.

She apparated back into the office of the Headmaster of Hogwarts. He raised his head, smiling gently and congratulated her. She raced to the Great Hall, just in time for breakfast, and the arrival of the morning Prophet. People's heads flew up from their newspapers as the girl entered the room. The Gryffindor table started applauding the girl, quickly followed by the rest of the tables (although the Slytherin table was much less enthusiastic), and McGonagall could be seen with a visible proud smile on her face. The girl bowed dramatically, walking towards her friends and family. Percy could be seen staring at his paper in horror. "You took down Antonin Dolohov singlehandedly?" he breathed eventually. The girl shrugged. "It's my job, Perce."

When they reached the Entrance Hall, it was to see McGonagall, who motioned for the Weasleys to follow her. Harry, Hermione and Cassie waved to them as they headed to class. The Weasleys were led to their parents and two older brothers. The children yelped, running towards the four, and everyone was wrapped up in a large group hug. "Still, Lily, Antonin Dolohov, that's no mean feat," Charlie exclaimed, as the family sat next to the lake with some food provided by the Fred and George, courtesy of the house elves. Lily rolled her eyes as she munched on a sandwhich. "Like I told Perce, it's my job, Char, of course I took him." "Still kid, you're only twelve," Bill said. Lily raised an eyebrow. "William Weasley, do you not believe me? How about a duel?" Bill shrugged, though as he rose Charlie could see he was visibly scared. He chuckled at his poor brother, who was getting his pride trashed as his younger sister overpowered him in a matter of seconds. Fred and George highfived Lily as they sat, roaring with laughter. Bill's ears were visibly pink as he sat back down. "Tough luck mate, there's always next time." "In all honesty, I would prefer if there wasn't a next time." The Weasleys laughed at that.