00. Running Away

Harper's POV:

Harper's POV:

It was my seventeenth birthday. And I was sat in my room. Alone. Just like every other year. 

Marcel and Divina are supposed to come round later. Along with Jake and Ashley. They're the only people that have ever cared about me. And they're not even my actual family. 

My blood-related family were out celebrating my birthday with my twin sister, Hope, and didn't bother to invite me to the little family outing. It didn't bother me anymore. I had gotten used to it by now. Seventeen years and not once has my family celebrated a birthday with me. 

They favourite Hope because they think she's stronger than me because she's older by a minute. They shunned me because I was too kind to others. But they haven't seen just how powerful I am. They have never seen me get truly angry. To be honest, they have never actually seen me use my powers. The only people that have seen me use my powers are Marcel, Davina, Jake and Ashley. They're the ones that help me contain my powers. Davina and Ashley helped me out with controlling my witch powers. Marcel and Jake helped me control my Vampire side.

I know what you may be thinking. If Hope isn't a proper vampire how come I am? Well, that's because I got more of the vampire gene than Hope did. So I have some of the powers of vampires like; super strength, speed, agility, healing factor and durability (also combined with werewolf strength, speed, agility, healing factor and durability), immortality, emotional control, mind compulsion, telepathy and other vampire traits. But of course, my family doesn't know this. 

So somehow Hope became the favourite of the family, and I am barely noticed. The only time I am noticed by my family is when they tell me I'm a failure and that I'll never be as amazing as Hope. And that is why I decided to run away. 

I packed a bag of things, and then texted Marcel, Davina, Jake and Ashley. Ashley and Jake told me they were coming with me, and Marcel and Davina told us they would help us run away. They told me of a family friend that lived in Beacon Hills. So that is where we would go. I decided I was going to write a letter to my 'family'. Not that they would care. 

It read,

Dear Mikaelson's,

I doubt that you will care enough to come into my room, let alone read this letter so I don't know why I bothered writing it. I guess that there is a small part of me that hopes that you actually care. Probably not though. 

Anyways, I have written this letter to inform you that I have run away. I am a burden you carry, anyone can see that. None of you have ever cared for me as much as you care for Hope. Don't try to deny it. For if it were true, then there would be photo's of me hung up on the walls along with the ones of Hope, and I would be invited to the little family outings you all have. But instead, you all fuss over Hope and barely even notice me. 

Maybe I am overreacting. Maybe I am not. Either way, I hope you all have a good life without me in it. Not that it would make much of a difference. I wish you all only the best in the future. Because no matter how much you neglect me, or how much you hate me, I will always love you, but I can see now that that love was one-sided. 

Please do not look for me. You won't be able to find me either way, because I have cloaked myself. And In case any of you are confused on how I did that, I do have powers, much to all of your disbelief. And I am much more powerful than you would think. I just never showed my powers. Instead, I had Marcel, Divina, Jacob and Ashley train me. 

I wish that I could say that I forgive you all. But I do not. You have all made me feel worthless compared to my sister. And nothing will be forgotten.

- Yours faithfully, Harper Mikaelson

No tears were shed as I wrote the letter. They had all been used up a long time ago. I knew not to waste my tears on my family anymore. 

I walked down the stairs of the Mikaelson house, my hand running against the wood of the staircase. I walked down the stairs and headed straight for the front door. Then down the front yard, and finally arriving at the large gate. I slowly pushed it open, hearing the squeaking of the rusted metal. Once the gate was wide enough for me to slip through, I exited the Mikaelson property and closed the gate, before walking away from the house for the last time.