06. Hope...

Harper's POV:

Harper's POV:

I was getting ready to do cross country with Ashley by my side as we waited for Jake to come out of the boy's locker room to join us. Ash and I were in matching sports bras and leggings with some simple trainers. My hair was back in a mid ponytail while hers was in a braid. 

Once Jake finally came out of the changing room with Scott, Stiles and Isaac by his side, we called out to the four boys. They spotted us and walked over, but Isaac and Stiles stopped in their tracks once they got a proper look at us. Stiles' eyes widened while Isaac just smirked, clearly not hiding the fact that he was checking Ashley out. We all split up slightly, Isaac, Scott and Stiles going one direction, while Ashley, Jacob and I went the other. 

Coach Finstock soon blew the whistle and we were all off. Jake and I slowed our pace a little bit once we noticed that Ashley was a little bit behind us, be she told us to just go ahead and that she'd be fine. Without another word, the two of us sped ahead, slightly using our superspeed, but not enough so that it was noticeable. 

We were both near the end but immediately came to a stop once we heard an ear-piercing screech. We sped towards the direction of the scream and were soon faced with the image of a boy tied to a tree. He had a garrote around his throat, tieing him to the tree, his head was bashed in and there was blood all over him. I looked over when I heard Ashley come next to us, but my attention was drawn to Jake, who looked like he was about to lash out. I quickly grabbed his and Ashley's arms and dragged them away from the scene. I grabbed Jake's water bottle that was filled with blood and quickly handed it to him, watching as he walked and drank at the same time. Once we were far enough, we stopped walking, so he could drink easier. Once he drank it all, I rubbed his back and sat him down.

"You okay?" I asked as I sat down next to him. 

"Yeah. It's most probably because I haven't had blood straight from the vein in a while, I'm not used to blood bags yet," he told me and Ashley and I nodded along with him. The three of us just sat there, until we were interrupted by Stiles, Isaac and Scott, who came up next to us. 

"What are you three doing?" Stiles questioned.

"Calming Jacob down so he doesn't try to kill someone," Ashley responded casually. Seeing the confused look on their faces, I decided to elaborate.

"Jacob hasn't had blood straight from the vein in a long time since he's not allowed to drink from anyone, instead he's drinking from blood bags that Melissa gives me from the hospital. Since he isn't used to the taste of the bags yet, he sometimes loses control at the sight of blood," I told them and they all nodded in understanding. 

~~~

"Did you know that there's a temple in Calcutta where they used to sacrifice a child every day? That's every day a dead baby, Harper, every day! Hey, you wanna know what today is? It's dead baby day. No wait, that's every day, cause every day is dead baby day, yay!" Stiles told me as we were walking from our class together. 

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked him,

"Because Scott and Jacob are dealing with the alpha twins," he told me, and I stopped in my tracks.

"They're dealing with them?" I question,

"I don't know what exactly they're doing. But look, here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking that the murders maybe come in threes. Ancient people love things in threes, right? So maybe first it's three virgins, and then, I don't know, maybe it's three people who own little dogs." he told me.

"Okay, you cannot discern a pattern by a single data point, so stop trying," I say,

"Okay, so what, I'm just supposed to wait around for someone else to die, then? I'm just supposed to sit there and watch them die? Just wait for them to wither up and die right in front of me?" he asks,

"Wither?" I question,

"You know what I mean. Die, in just a hideously awful, strangulating, head-bashed-in, throat-cutting kind of way!" he exclaimed.

"Maybe it's not your job," I told him, "You said it yourself. They were strangled with a garrote. That's a human thing to do, so maybe just leave the figuring it out part to someone human,"

"You mean someone like my dad?" he asked,

"No, I mean your dad, the sheriff," I told him before walking to my next lesson. 

~~~

Hope's POV:

My dad had enrolled me, Kol and Rebekah into the school that was in Beacon Hills to try and heighten our opportunities of finding Harper, but somehow there had been no sight of her. It was the last period of the day, and the three of us had music but the teacher hadn't shown up. I looked around and saw a strawberry-blonde haired girl sat down on one of the stools drawing on her notepad. I went and sat down next to her and peered at her drawing.

"Wow, that's really good," I told her. She looked up at me and gave a small smile,

"I know right?" she said. "I haven't seen you around before? Are you new here?" 

"Oh, yeah. Me and my cousin's just moved here. I'm Hope," I told her.

"I'm Lydia," she replied.

"You should be in art class," I told her and she hummed, "Seeing as you're not in music,"

"Fifteen-minute rule!" one of the kids in the class called out and everyone else got up and ran out. Kol, Rebekah, Lydia and I stayed in the classroom, seeing as we didn't know what the fifteen-minute rule was. 

Lydia slowly stood up and walked around the room and over to the piano where I could roughly make out the shape of a phone placed on it. She reminded the recording on it and pressed play.

"Recording piano, part three." Someone spoke and then they started to play the piano. Lydia stood there for a little bit but then went to pause it. She was about to click the button but jumped with the rest of us when there was a clashing of keys sound. Lydia bent down so that her ear was next to the speaker, so I used my superhearing to try and see what she was listening to. I could faintly hear the sound of chanting, and I'm guessing by their faces that Kol and Rebekah did too. 

After a minute or two, Lydia got out her phone and called someone, I'm guessing her friend, telling them what she had found. She soon hung up and then just paced around the room until she noticed us. 

"What are you guys still doing here? I thought everyone left?" she questioned.

"I'm not leaving until I find out what that sound was," Rebekah told her. Lydia looked really worried at the statement but didn't say anything about it. 

~~~

Harper's POV:

Stiles had called me while I was with Jacob and Ashley, telling us to meet him and Lydia at the school because Lydia had found something. We quickly drove back to the school and walked through the hallways until we got to the music classroom. I opened the door and saw a frightened-looking Lydia, Stiles and Deaton. My attention was then brought further back in the room to where three figures stood. My jaw dropped as I got a proper glimpse at who they were.

"Hope..."