05. We've Found Her

(Pretend that Hope is younger in this and that Harper is sat next to her and they are hugging)

Hope's POV:

I was sat in the living room with the family portrait laid on my lap. I was just staring at it. Staring at the image of me and my sister hugging each other with big smiles on our faces. Before the family divided us. I miss the laughs we all had as a family. I miss being able to see my sisters smile while I watched her open the birthday presents I got for her. I miss her always listening to what I have to say, even though I never did the same for her. I feel awful that I never noticed how miserable she was. She was so miserable that she felt the need to run away. 

I was dragged out of my thoughts when I felt someone sit next to me on the sofa and wipe one of the tears that fell from my eyes. I looked up as my mother took the picture from me and put it on her own lap. 

"I remember taking this photo. It was on your fifth birthday. You two were inseparable. Demanded that you got everything the same. The same clothes, hairstyle, toys. I wish we didn't push her away," she said and I smiled lightly at her words,

"I don't even remember when we started to push her away," I mumbled. 

We were brought out of our moment when my dad and aunts and uncles burst into the room. 

"We may have found a way to get to her," Freya told us and we all looked at her expectantly. 

"Well, go on!" Rebekah said,

"I got two calls earlier, it was the Smith's and Davis'. They asked if Ashley and Jacob were here. They're both friends of Harper's, and since they aren't at home and haven't been for the past days, they must be with Harper. So I asked for something of either of the kids, so we can try and do a locator spell on the both of them," Freya told us. 

"Seriously?" I asked my aunt and she smiled and nodded at me, "Well hurry up and do the spell!" 

Freya sat down in front of the small coffee table and placed two items on it. The first was a necklace and the second was a hand made bracelet. 

"These were both gifts from Harper to Ashley and Jacob. So they meant a lot to the both of them, it should work, unless they have a cloaking spell on themselves." Freya said. She then closed her eyes and took hold of the necklace. She sat there for a few minutes before sighing and putting the necklace down. "Ashley's cloaked," she told us. She then did the same thing but with the bracelet. After a few minutes, Freya gasped and opened her eyes.

"What? What happened?" dad asked.

"Beacon Hills! That's where she is. I'm guessing they forgot to cloak Jacob. I saw him with Ashley and Harper in a small town not too far from here called Beacon Hills," Freya told us. 

"Rebekah, call Marcel and Davina. It looks like we're taking a trip to Beacon Hills," Elijah said. 

~~~

My family and I, plus a very nervous looking Davina and Marcel, had finally arrived in Beacon Hills. Dad compelled a man to let us have a house for free, seeing as we had no clue exactly where Harper was or how long we'd be staying. We all had a few belongings packed, and everyone had their own room. It was late when we arrived, so we decided to go to bed before looking for Harper in the morning.

I know it's short, but I'm not sure what else I can write in this chapter. 😁