01. We Will Bring Her Home

Hope's POV:

Hope's POV:

I walked into my house, laughing at a joke my uncle told me after having a great day out with my family for my birthday. Even though I had a great time with my parents, aunts and uncles, I couldn't help but feel guilty. I felt guilty because it wasn't just my birthday. It was my twin sisters birthday as well, but she wasn't invited to come out with us. 

I quickly excused myself from the conversation and headed up the stairs and in the direction of Harper's room. I knocked three times on the door, to show that it was me, but I received no reply. I shrugged it off and slowly opened the door and peaked in. But she wasn't there. 

I walked further into her room, and there was no sign of her. I looked towards her neatly made bed and saw a single not laid on it. I picked up the note and unfolded it, before reading through it.

Dear Mikaelson's,

I doubt that you will care enough to come into my room, let alone read this letter so I don't know why I bothered writing it. I guess that there is a small part of me that hopes that you actually care. Probably not though.

Anyways, I have written this letter to inform you that I have run away. I am a burden you carry, anyone can see that. None of you have ever cared for me as much as you care for Hope. Don't try to deny it. For if it were true, then there would be photo's of me hung up on the walls along with the ones of Hope, and I would be invited to the little family outings you all have. But instead, you all fuss over Hope and barely even notice me.

Maybe I am overreacting. Maybe I am not. Either way, I hope you all have a good life without me in it. Not that it would make much of a difference. I wish you all only the best in the future. Because no matter how much you neglect me, or how much you hate me, I will always love you, but I can see now that that love was one-sided.

Please do not look for me. You won't be able to find me either way, because I have cloaked myself. And In case any of you are confused on how I did that, I do have powers, much to all of your disbelief. And I am much more powerful than you would think. I just never showed my powers. Instead, I had Marcel, Divina, Jacob and Ashley train me.

I wish that I could say that I forgive you all. But I do not. You have all made me feel worthless compared to my sister. And nothing will be forgotten.

- Yours faithfully, Harper Mikaelson

After reading the note, I began to sob excessively as I sat down on my sister's bed. I had no idea that she felt this way. And I probably didn't make her feel any better when I came into her room after having a family outing and telling her how amazing it was. She was so supportive of it as well! She would always tell me how happy she was that I had a great time. I wish I knew that she felt this way!

I'm guessing that my crying caught the attention of the rest of my family because I soon heard them calling my name before rushing into the room, probably after they checked mine. I'm guessing that they didn't expect me to be on Harper's bed, crying my eyes out. 

My mother was the first to walk into the room and try to comfort me. Then it was my father and soon followed my aunts and uncles. My mother hugged me close to her chest and started rocking me back and forth.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" she quietly asked me.

"She's gone! And it's all my fault!" was the only thing I could get out before crying even harder than before. 

"Who's gone, Hope? And why is it your fault?" my uncle, Elijah, asked. I handed the letter to my mother for her to read. Once she finished the letter, her eyes were wide and a few tears slipped down her face as she brought me closer, which caused my father to snatch it from her grasp and read it out loud to everyone else. 

Infuriated, Elijah spoke his mind, "beautiful, absolutely beautiful! We are all so deranged, that we drove a sixteen-year-old girl away."

Aunt Rebekah spoke up, sadness and grief-stricken, "But she's not just a sixteen-year-old girl! She's our Harper! And it is our fault that she is gone." The rest of my family agreed with the statement. It was our fault.

"I used to come home and tell her about the great day we all had. And she would always tell me she was happy for me. I never realised that it made her feel bad about herself!" I said. 

"We never loved her, never showed her that we cared," Mom was interrupted by Dad.

"Because we didn't. We didn't care and she left! She's gone. And we have to find her, we will find her." Dad bent down in front of me, with my face in his hand.

"And we will bring her home!"