10. Currents

Harper's POV:

Harper's POV:

Stiles had dragged me, Lydia and Derek's sister Cora into one of the science labs in school. We had previously found out that Deaton, Scott's boss, was the next target and had been taken away. Apparently, Stiles needed either Lydia or me to attempt to find Deaton with, in his words, my 'weird voodoo magic and Lydia's 'psychic sense'. 

Stiles sat down across from me and looked at me very intently.

"So. Can you do that locator spell thingy that you talked about?" he asked.

"I mean, yeah. But I'm going to need a map of Beacon Hills and one of his possessions." I told him and he sighed. He quickly exited the room and came back a few minutes later with a map of Beacon Hills. Where he got it from, I do not know. He placed it down on the table in front of me. He then gave me a set of keys, which I'm guessing were Deaton's.

"All right. You have everything. Now do the spell." he told me and I rolled my eyes.

"All right, all right," I said, holding a firm grip on the keys and closing my eyes. "Sequitur." I muttered. I could feel my hands beginning to glow green and after a few seconds of no results, I opened my eyes and released my grip on the keys. "I'm sorry. He must have been cloaked or something. I can't find him."

"It's alright. You tried." Stiles told me, but he sounded a little frustrated. He then went to one of the other desks and brought back an ouija board. He slammed it down onto the table in front of Lydia and she gave him a weird look.

"An ouija board?" she questioned.

"Also called a spirit board. It's worth a shot." he told her.

"A shot in the dark." Lydia muttered.

"Would you just try it. Okay? Please?" Stiles asked her. "Let's not forget who this is for. Scott's boss. The guy who's saved our collective asses on more than one occasion." 

"Okay, so do we all do this?" Cora asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. It'll probably be better results with Harper's voodoo shit involved." he said and I rolled my eyes at his phrasing of 'voodoo'. The four of us all put our hands on the little moving thingy. "Where's Doctor Deaton?" Cora, Stiles and I all stared at Lydia expectantly, waiting for her to move the board or something.

"What?" she asked us.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Stiles asked. 

"Oh, I don't know the answer." She told us. "I thought we were asking some sort of spirit." 

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora asked. 

"Is she for real?" Lydia questioned and I sighed. 

"All right. Close your eyes." Lydia gave Stiles a weird look as he dangled the keys in front of her face. "These are Deaton's keys. I'm gonna put them in your hand and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called psychometry."