07. Not Good Enough

Harper's POV:

Harper's POV:

"Hope..." I muttered under my breath as I caught sight of my sister. I then looked to the two figures who were on either side of her, "Rebekah? Kol?"

"Harper?" Hope asked, and she looked like she was in tears. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I questioned,

"We came to find you," Hope told me,

"Wait, what is going on here?" Lydia asked,

"Not right now Lydia, this is not the time," Stiles told the strawberry-blonde. I turned towards the pair,

"Stiles, Lydia and Deaton you guys figure out whatever you need to figure out. We'll take this to the hallways," I told them before I walked out of the room with Jacob, Ashley, Hope, Kol and Rebekah following. 

Once we were outside in the hallway, I turned to look at my family. 

"Why are you guys here?" I asked,

"As I said before, we came to find you!" Hope exclaimed.

"Why?" I questioned,

"Why what?" Hope asked,

"Why did you bother trying to find me? You didn't seem to care about me before, so why start now?" I said,

"We did care about you Harper! But we were all so busy with Hope's training-" Rebekah started,

"All of you were busy with her? Even though only one or two of you would train with her at once?" I cut her off,

"Harper, you don't understand! We helped Hope out more than you because we didn't know you had powers! You never showed signs of them! So we assumed-" Rebekah exclaimed and I scoffed. 

"Exactly! You assumed I didn't have powers! You didn't even know! You gave up on me the minute I didn't show signs straight away! I shouldn't have to have powers to make my own family notice or care about me!" I yelled,

"We do care about you!" Hope argued,

"No, they don't! You may care, but not as much as you care about the rest of our family! You were always going out with them, having fun, and then coming home to gloat about it to me!" I told her,

"I thought it would make you feel less left out!" Hope countered,

"Well, it didn't! If anything, it made me feel worse! It made me feel worse because you were telling me all the things I missed out on with the family just because I didn't show signs of having powers!" I cried out.

"Harper! If I had known you felt this way, I would've stopped talking about it! You always told me you were happy for me! I swear I didn't mean to make you feel worse! I never wanted you to be left out! You're my twin sister Harper! I love you!" she told me. "Please forgive me. I never meant to hurt you,"

"I don't care if you didn't mean to hurt me! You still did! You still came into my room every night and bragged about the amazing day you had while I sat alone in my room every day! And it's not like you ever tried to spend time with me anyway! The only time you did spend with me was when you were gloating about how amazing your day was! " I said. 

"I'm so sorry." she whispered.

"Well sorry isn't going to cut it. Sorry isn't going to change the fact that I spent seventeen years of my life alone, crying in my room because my family didn't give two shits about me." I told her. "It's going to take a lot more than a pathetic sorry to make up for how shitty all of you made me feel."

And with that, I turned around and walked out of the school. I decided I would text Stiles the next day and explain why I disappeared after talking to them.

~~~ 

A/N

I just want to say that I am so grateful for everyone that has read this story! I honestly did not expect it to get as many reads as it has! I also want to thank @Aniyalis_Parker for all of the comments you have been leaving on my posts! And thank you to anyone else who has been commenting! It means so much to me!

I also hope that you don't mind how quickly Harper has forgiven Hope! In my eyes, Hope hasn't really done anything wrong, it was the adults, and Hope really did try to make Harper feel part of the family!