AMONG (3)

CORPSE / PRESENT: MARCH 2021

Corpse hadn't slept. He was exhausted, now having been up for nearly 37 hours. He had tried to nap, honestly, but all he could think about was how badly he wished his life was so much different than it was.

His voice was shot from sleep deprivation, and the constant talking he did just to remind himself that he was real, and human, and this was a world he didn't make up. To top it all off, he had drank three cups of coffee, the lactose coating his throat and making his voice so incredibly deep. He knew it would be talked about amongst his friends jokingly, and in his chat sexually, and honestly, he didn't have the energy to care.

Crumbling into his desk chair, he was happy that he had decided to shower at least. He felt somewhat accomplished in that fact, rustling his wet curls, droplets falling onto his keyboard. Typing in his login information to discord, and pulling up all of the software he needed for Youtube streaming, he considered briefly that maybe he just wouldn't stream. He hadn't promised to do one anyway, and honestly, he didn't have the energy to read chat when he was trying to cope with his ex-girlfriend hanging out with his friends.

They used to be their friends.

The thought made him want to punch the wall, but he took a deep breath, and tried to tell himself this would go better than he expected. He wanted to have high hopes. 

He tweeted out the link to Rae's pre-stream with a quick apology for his absence, and encouraged his viewers to watch him from her. Rae deserved everything she got and more in his mind.

He joined the discord call, seeing that only Karl and Brooke were unmuted and speaking.

"Hey," he spoke, as quietly as he could so he wouldn't spook them.

Still, both of his friends made a big deal out of his abrupt appearance, and his deep voice. He was happy at least one thing was going normally today, if nothing else. 

Corpse made sure neither of them were live before he spoke freely about how he felt about todays stream.

"I'm not going to lie, I was pissed when Rae tweeted that list and I saw her on it," Corpse said, playing with the rings on his fingers. He was glad his friends couldn't see how fucking anxious he was about this. He hadn't spoken to her in a long time.

"It'll be fine," Brooke added blindly. Brooke hadn't been in the beginning lobby's of Among Us, when she and Corpse were there together. She hadn't seen the heated argument, or heard it through her own headphones. They had been lucky that no one had been streaming, meaning no one could clip it.

"I called Rae, at like, 5 AM complaining about how she didn't even fucking tell me first. I found out on twitter," Corpse added.

Karl had known of Corpse's feelings well before this was even an issue. There had been more than one two in the morning facetime calls, Corpse complaining about how fucked his life was, how he couldn't sleep in their room, and how he refused to get rid of their things.

"I found out on twitter, too," Karl added, not necessarily encouraging Corpse's anger, but not doing anything to stop it.

"Exactly," Corpse leaned back in his chair, letting out a loud sigh. "It'll be fine," he muttered to himself. His anger had subsided once again, and now he was incredibly nervous, like before.

It was nearing three, and Corpse expected the rest of the group to join soon.

The lobby was stacked, with Corpse, Rae, Karl, Brooke, Toast, Sykkuno, Tina, Bretman, and Lily.