SYMPATHY (8)

CORPSE / PRESENT: MARCH 2021

Corpse coughed loudly, clearing his throat before unmuting. "Eden is dead in electrical."

Somehow, he had gotten dragged into another lobby with Eden.

This time, though, he streamed, using the chat in the corner of his eye as a distraction from his own feelings.

Eden had been a bitch throughout every game, being too forward about who she wanted voted out, and too loud. Even his chat had mentioned it throughout the stream, and he imagined his friends were experiencing the same. Corpse wished it brought him some validation knowing she had become so incredibly hard to like, because he knew his own friends were struggling to enjoy her presence. It didn't bring him anything, though, instead, more frustration.

He wanted to ask her what had happened after she left San Diego, moved to LA, and started signing contracts for modeling, photography: anything she could get her hands on. He wanted to know if she had used her busy schedule as a cop out to her own emotions. He guessed she did, but he wanted to ask. He wanted to talk to her.

With no clue as to who the killer was, Eden was not avenged going into the next round of the game.

"I'm not sus of anyone... maybe Toast, maybe Bretman. Electrical is an easy kill so... I don't know," Corpse said absently to his chat. He always felt bad when he had been quiet for too long.

Another body was reported before he could even finish a task.

The game carried on, Corpse eventually dying to Brooke, and the imposters won the game. Everyone said their goodbyes, and after closing out his stream faster than usual, Corpse was left with his friends in an abandoned discord call.

Unfortunately, he was left without Rae or Sykkuno, but he still found some comfort in Karl. Corpse sighed.

Eden had stayed.

"Anyone still streaming?" Karl asked.

"No," Corpse responded, leaning back in his chair, flipping a knife through his fingertips anxiously. He watched his twirl around his thumb, avoiding looking at his computer screen. If he didn't look, it wouldn't feel so much like an interrogation.

"No," Eden sighed out, and Corpse could tell she was tired. Eden was like an open book, and so incredibly easy to read. Or maybe Corpse had just known her for long enough to know.

"Anyone got any plans?" Karl questioned.

"Uh, I gotta few songs to work on. Collabs and shit. Emails to write. I need a fucking personal assistant," Corpse complained, continuing to flick the knife.

"I'll come be your personal assistant, Corpse," Karl joked.

Eden was quiet, and Karl didn't push her to talk to them, instead moving on.

"I want your guys' opinions on the next episode of Tales From the SMP!" And Karl went on his tangent about his minecraft characters, walking them through his plans. Corpse tried to keep up, but between the knife in his hands, and Eden's steady breathing in his left ear, he couldn't focus.

"Sounds like a good plan, Karl. You know the fans will love it," Eden said, too sweetly, and Corpse could tell she hadn't been listening either.

He didn't call her on it. "Who's all going to be in the next one?" Corpse questioned.

And Karl went off again, explaining how much drama there was between the Dream SMP boys, some of them wanting to quit Tales for awhile to catch up on their own characters in other plot lines.