END (14)

CORPSE/ APRIL 2021

"Corpse, even you can admit it! The shit you were doing was suspicious as fuck. We weren't together but you were still having sex with me, fucking cuddling with me afterwards, and then after I left your room, you'd be on the phone with her, doing the exact same shit! That's fucked up," Eden tries not to yell, but Corpse had gotten her so fired up.

"I didn't say it wasn't fucked, Eden. I said it wasn't cheating."

His attempt at staying calm pissed her off. He was being condescending, putting up a front as if he didn't care, when he truly did. It only made her more angry.

"Why did you ask me to come here, Corpse? What was the fucking point?" Eden huffed out, her arms crossed defensively.

"You brought our friends into our drama, and that's not... you can't do that shit," Corpse defended.

But truly, he was unsure as to why he had really brought her here. In the moment, it made sense, but now, with the way the conversation was going, he felt like an idiot.

He loved Eden, but was he still in love with her? Not really. Maybe the idea of her, her body, but not.... not Eden.

She had changed and became everything Corpse never wanted in his next relationship, if he wanted another relationship at all.

"Bullshit, Corpse. You know that is not it," Eden rolled her eyes.

"You know.... I don't know that I really wanted you to come here. I think, in some twisted, fucked up way, I wanted to see if you still loved me... if you could get past what I did last year. It's clear you can't," Corpse huffed. "And that's okay, I'm not asked you to. I just... I want to be okay. So for me, I'm telling you I'm sorry. It was horrible, what I did to you, and I'm not at all proud of it. But... I can't dwell on this anymore. I can't feel guilty. I need to be okay, and I hope you end up okay, too," Corpse finished candidly.

Eden visibly deflated. She crumbled back down onto the couch next to him, taking him into her arms easily. With his head on her chest, their legs tangled, they laid in silence.

NOTE!!

WELL THIS IS THE END

thank you guys so much for being so patient. i know you might not be completely satisfied with the ending, but sometimes thats relationships and life and whatever!!!!

i just wasn't as into this story as i was with my other ones, life has gotten quite busy, so i'll probably be going on a bit of a break. i love you all so much.

if you need me, feel free to reach out.

love you all.

-peach