TALK (11)

CORPSE / PRESENT: MARCH 2021

"Can I be honest with you?"

Corpse wasn't surprised that Eden took hold of the conversation the second she realized he wouldn't know where to begin.

All he could do was nod in response, too anxious to give her anything more.

"I... I tried really hard to stick with you for as long as I could. C, I knew you before all of the mental illness issues, before the social anxiety, before the health problems... I knew you before that, so it felt like a punch in the gut when you wanted to leave because of you and not because of me. I was so selfless through the last year of our relationship. I fed you, helped you get out of bed, tried to motivate you to do better every damn day, but somehow, I'm the one that gets dropped? And because you wanted to focus on your problems? I had been more focused on your problems than you were!"

Corpse should've expected that she would jump right into it. Eden wasn't the type to beat around the bush, or sugar coat her feelings. She was blatantly honest; she always had been.

"You're right," Corpse admitted shyly. "I realized that too late, but I know that you did all you could for me-"

"And not because I wanted to. I did it because I love you-"

"I know, I know," Corpse sighed. He had to keep himself from pulling at his curls, fiddling with the strings of his mask instead. "Eden, you knowing me before all of this shit... it made it so much worse, honestly. We started dating when I was 160 pounds, an athlete, and incredibly active. I was making videos every week, and we were happy. We went on dates all the time, and even though I had social anxiety, it wasn't nearly as bad as it has been. When I go from being the best I've ever been, to being my worst, especially when that wasn't what you signed up for.... I just thought ending it while I could would save you from the heartbreak of it all."

"I didn't have a problem with any of it, though. That's what you're not understanding...I just wish you talked to me about what you were feeling. We had such good communication, I thought... I thought we talked about everything.... if I- if I knew how you felt I would've-"

And Corpse could hear that she was on the verge of breaking down. He pulled her into his chest, hoping to avoid a breakdown. "I know," he shushed her softly. "I'm so sorry, Eden. So so sorry," he reassured, running his fingers through her hair, detangling it gently.

She sniffled into his chest, hugging him tightly. Corpse readjusted them, allowing her to wrap her legs around his hips, straddling his waist. Her head was nuzzled into his shoulders. Running a hand down her back, Corpse could feel the tears falling onto his bare shoulder.

"Eden," he said softly, nudging her slightly. "Baby..." he said quieter, nearly hoping Eden wouldn't hear as she lifted her head to look at him.

"You hurt me really bad," she choked out, sniffling. "I never wanted to leave you."

"I know, Eden, I know." Wiping his thumbs lightly under her eyes, he swipes away her tears. "But... I was hurting myself just as much. There was so much shit mentally... And Eden, you hurt me too. What you said in September..." Corpse sighed. "You made it personal, not only by saying that to me, but saying it in front of our friends when they knew nothing about what we were."

"I was hurting, and angry," Eden acknowledged, but she didn't sound defensive. Corpse appreciated that. "You were hurting the same way, so you also said some pretty mean things," she reminded.

"Yeah," Corpse nodded. "I.... how do we move forward from this, Eden? What does that look like?"

"I don't know, Corpse. I'm kinda just enjoying this," Eden hid her face back into his chest. Corpse sighed. He couldn't argue with that.

He knew they had so much left to talk about, but Corpse couldn't bring himself to care. They couldn't continue to fester on the past, not when they had so much to catch up on.

Corpse squeezed her gently, pulling her impossibly closer to him.

"I didn't know you got another tattoo," Corpse commented jokingly, tapping her butt lightly where the new smiley face was.

Eden laughed, a big smile on her face. "Well yeah, Corpse. I don't commonly post my ass on Instagram!"

NOTE!!

alright i think that's enough for tonight :)

see y'all later!