XXVII

(not proofread)
[ chapter 27 ]

june 11
12:00 p.m
boca raton, florida

- - - - -

"Okay dancers," The dance instructor began. "We have a huge assignment now. This a dance for two, and with our full class, everyone will have a partner. You can find a song, or you could even create one! But, with what I've taught and what you know; you need to make a dance up for that song you choose or make."

My eyebrows raised, sparing a glance at Billie who was already smirking at me. I subtly winked at her and continued paying attention to the woman speaking.

"I believe in all of you, me, Zach, and Terrance will all be here to help if you need it. You may leave, great practice today." We all clapped and cheered in support of the ones amongst us, a routine we had ever since the beginning.

The people here are amazing and well put-together. No one had a cocky or bitchy attitude, everyone was very helpful and supportive. The energy was great and always had you hesitant to leave.

As we all packed our stuff up and began to leave, Billie all but sprinted over at me.

"We're partners, right?" I chuckled, looking at her like she was crazy.

"Why wouldn't we be?" I smirked, throwing my bag over my shoulder. She did the same and we began walking out of the studio and, soon enough, the building.

"I-" Billie was quickly cut off by her phone ringing, loudly. I chuckled lightly as she rolled her eyes and pulled it out; answering without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" She spoke into the phone held to her ear. Her expressions changed several times throughout the conversation.

"That's actually perfect! Y/n and I will be over soon."
"Alright." "Alright."

"See you soon." The call ended and Billie smiled up at me widely, trying to portray some sort of false innocence.

"I know this is sudden but I guess Finneas has this song idea in mind and since we have to create a song, I agreed to us helping him." I could tell there was more to that, so I crossed my arms over my chest and gave her a pointed look.

She gave up her act, looking down with a sigh. "Could we do it at your studio?" She finally asked, shyly.

I chuckled and nodded, grabbing her hand and helping her into my car. "Sure. Do I need to pick him up?" I asked before I shut the door, walking around quickly to my side and getting in.

"Please," She gave me puppy dog eyes and a baby-like pout. I chuckled, turning the car on and backing out.

"You're lucky I love you." I began route to Billie's home.

"I know." She smiled and winked.

~~~~~

"Alright, so I only had these few lines in mind." Finneas began as he got comfortable in one of my studio chairs in front of my soundboard.

I nodded and he handed me his laptop, where he writes his music from.

i've been watching you for some time
cant stop staring at those ocean eyes

I hummed, looking up to eye the red head. "You talkin' to somebody?" I asked with a smirk, nudging his shoulder teasingly.

His cheeks became rosy but a nonchalant shrug was all he responded with.

"I have something!" Billie cut in, snatching the laptop off my thighs and placing it on hers.

The clicks of her nails on the laptop brought me back to times with Ariana. She's always loved long, white acrylic nails.

stop.

"Here." Billie handed it back and Finneas and I looked it over.

burning cities and napalm skies
fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
your ocean eyes

I hummed a slow melody, nodding along. I then added some of my own.

no fair
you really know how to make me cry
when you give me those ocean eyes
i'm scared

i've never fallen from quite this high
falling into your ocean eyes
those ocean eyes

"First verse, chorus." I pointed to the lyrics the O'Connells wrote, and then to the ones I did.

"That's so dope! Any ideas for second verse?" Billie asked, smiling brightly. Without a word, Finneas grabbed the laptop and began typing.

i've been walking through a world gone blind
can't stop thinking of your diamond mind
careful creature made friends with time
he left her lonely with a diamond mind

and those ocean eyes

"Sheesh!" I smiled, dapping him up. He laughed and turned to his sister, who was also smiling and nodding in approval.

"I think there should just be some pretty notes and runs here. For the bridge. I have this old recording that I think would fit the song perfectly." Finneas continued to explain, pointing to the bridge part.

We nodded along, trusting the rather amazing songwriter/producer.

Soon enough, we had Billie in the booth singing the song for us.

da-da-da-da-da
da-da-da-da-da
da-da-da-da-da-da
da-da-da

mmm, mmm

Billie improvised perfectly, it all fitting in with amazing pitch. She killed this slow tempo and, rather basic, melody. It was so nice and eery, I know we were about to kill a dance to this.

Once we finished, Billie stepped out and I stepped back, letting Finneas take over with his recording. We started patching things up, sending the platinum blonde-haired woman back in the booth when we needed it.

The song was completely finished in about another hour after that.

The finished product played loudly through the speakers, sounding amazingly professional and put-together.

"Wow, that's beautiful." I breathed out, staring up at the ceiling as the song faded out.

"Perfect."

_________________

ooo, keep goinn ! much love, A