XXVIII

(not proofread)
[ chapter 28 ]

june 18
12:00 p.m
boca raton, florida

- - - - -

"Wow! That was amazing. Song was incredible and the dance was even better. Great job, you may return to where you were sitting."

I smiled brightly, sharing a hug with Billie as she goes back to where she was sitting. It was with a couple girls she made friends with, while I sat on the other end.

"Hey," I turned my head to a dirty blonde, wavy/curly haired, porcelain skinned man. He gave me a kind smile, showing off his surprisingly perfect teeth.

 He gave me a kind smile, showing off his surprisingly perfect teeth

"You guys did really good up there." He complimented, nudging my shoulder lightly. I returned the smile.

"Thank you, I saw yours too. You guys did great." My nose scrunched out of habit, and he chuckled.

"Thank you." I hummed, turning back to our dance instructor, Alias, who dismissed us. I quickly stood up and began walking to my bag to pack up.

"Sorry, but," I turned to the same guy, but he had two other men behind him.

"I'm Cassian, and these are my good friends-" They cut him off, which made him smack his teeth at them. I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm Elias." He held his hand out, which I shook. Dark brown hair, brown eyes, possibly Arabic or Egyptian, but could just be mixed with Caucasian decent and African.

"And I'm Asher

"And I'm Asher." I shook hands with the raven-haired, tattooed man. They were all super nice and congratulated on me on number 1 performance; that I didn't even know we got.

 "Who sung that? I don't think I've ever heard it before

"Who sung that? I don't think I've ever heard it before." Elias asked with a curious look on his face. "Me!" Billie squeaked as she came up behind me. I could tell they thought she was attractive, but I don't know them like that.

got me fucked up.

"Well, it's beautiful." Cassian smiled. She returned it and thanked him and the rest, who nodded in agreement at the curly head's compliment.

We all continued to talk all the way out of the building. We then decided to exchange numbers a possibly hang out sometime soon.

I then dropped Billie off, and went back home.

"I'm home!" I yelled into the house, chuckling to myself when I didn't get a response. I knew they weren't gonna be here yet, but they were supposed to get back tonight.

I took a shower because I was all sweaty and felt like shit, changing into some black Nike shorts and a black tank.

I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to get some food, scrolling through social media when I noticed 3 missed FaceTime from Billie.

"The fuck?" I mumbled, quickly clicking on her contact to call back.

She answered within the second ring, blue eyes overtaking my screen.

"Y/n! Y/n! Fucking finally." I chuckled, holding my finger up to her.

"Slow down, what's wrong? Did something happen?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"No! No! Nothing's wrong, remember when we had to release Ocean Eyes on SoundCloud in order to use it for the dance?" My stomach dropped to my motherfuckin' ass.

"Yeah?" She cheesed after my answer. "It blew up! Like, blew up, blew up. It's only been a week and there's already almost 2 million listeners." My jaw dropped, pure shock covering my entire expression.

"Oh my God! That's fucking amazing, Bil! Have you gotten any emails or anything?" This is when she nods enthusiastically, her smile growing wider.

"This record label called Interscope did! They said they want to sign me and release the song professionally. Like, through them and everything!" She jumped, clearly excited. My smile was so bright.

But I knew what this meant.

"Bil, do you have to move for this?" Her smile then faltered. "Shit, y-yeah. They're in Santa Monica, Cali." I sighed, my head dropping. I noticed her smile drop too.

"Y/n, I-I don't have to go-"

"Oh hell no." I chuckled lightly. "You're not ruining this one-in-a-lifetime opportunity because I don't want you to move. I'll be okay, texting, calling, and forever supporting you. Okay?" She was hesitant, but shook her head.

"I can't do that to you, Y/n. Literally everyone's moved away. I would feel like absolute shit if I did too." It was my turn to shake my head.

"Billie, if you don't go; I'll be more upset than I would be if you did. Which you are. Have Finneas get in contact because he's better at that kind of stuff and go live out that dream life." She was still hesitant.

"I'll be okay. I promise."

____________________

keep going, yall got one more ;) . much love, A