Fem!Shuichi x Male!Kaede (Oneshot)

It was a slow morning at the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles, and Shuichi was just waking up from her slumber. It has been weeks since she and the other students became trapped in this miserable prison, with no progress on escape. That said, the students have made the school into a bit of a home.

Gonta has started a bit of a garden in a small area of grass in order to attract insects, Miu has been tinkering away making interesting (and definitely not dirty) inventions, Angie has taken to making sculptures painted pink (huh, almost like blood?), Tenko practiced her skills every day, Himiko performed her "magic", Kokichi played pranks, and overall everyone had found a place at the academy. If only to distract themselves from the current situation.

From the very start of their school lives, Shuichi and Kaede had a special connection, a link that threaded them together. What that connection is, even Shuichi herself doesn't know. But what she does know, true to her heart, is that she has strong feelings for the Ultimate Pianist. Although those feelings are unclear, she does know that she wants to stay by Kaede's side, and escape together.

"Shuichi! Are you awake? Come on, let's get to the dining hall before Kirumi's breakfast gets cold! You wouldn't want stale bread and cold eggs for breakfast, would you?" said a voice.

Speaking of the devil, the person calling out to her was Kaede himself. Shuichi hurriedly got dressed and met with Kaede once she left her dorm room, as they both went towards the dining hall.

"What took you so long sleepy head? If you were a symphony, without me as your conductor you would be out of time." Kaede said with a bright smile.

Shuichi blushed and hid her face under her cap in embarrassment. "Well.. I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind these days." Shuichi said, while not looking Kaede in the eye.

"You got that right. Oh man everything is completely nuts" said Kaede while Crossing his arms above his head. "But hey, I know that if we just work hard and stay positive we can get through this. Aaaaannnnddddd, everything isn't all bad" Kaede said with a small smile.

"How so?" Shuichi asked, confused.

Kaede's smile turned into an even bigger almost mischievous grin as he stopped to face Shuichi. "This whole situation isn't so bad as I was able to meet you, a cute, compassionate girl." Kaede lifted up Shuichi's hat and stared right into her eyes. "You and your eyes are just so beautiful! It makes me want to kiss you!"

Kaede then released Shuichi's hat and started walking towards the Dining hall door. "In any case, let's go join the others!" Kaede said with a small blush forming on his face.

Shuichi just stood there, dumbfounded about what just happened. Her face was covered in a vivid red blush, that not even her hat could hide. "What just happened?" she said in disbelief. After a few moments Shuichi regained a sliver of her already destroyed composer and cried out "Wait for me!!". As she ran off to catch up with Kaede.

What are her feelings? Are they love? Admiration? Romance? Lust? Something else entirely? Who knows, but one thing is for sure, Shuichi and Kaede are meant for eachother, and that is all that matters.

-------------------------

Hi everyone, Padwriter here, so sorry for ... about everything! For a bit of context, I'm a new college student(who finished her first year), who has a lot on her plate, and even back in my high school days. But regard, I do wish to continue and do well on my promise to finish this fanfiction if it is the last thing I do!!! Regardless, I'm once again terribly sorry about all of this, and thank you for all of your patients.

On a different note, I hope this small oneshot is adequate. As it was done very last minute and I understand it is a bit short and simple (Also, although I enjoy the ship, I'm not really what you would call a Kaede and Shuichi Shipper). In any case sorry if this oneshot seems sloppy and very underwhelming, as in my opinion it is. But in a small bit of defense, I haven't written creatively in years and I'm a bit rusty.

Regardless, I would like to hear any and all opinions (and criticism) about what I write (and how I write it), and I would also like to hear about any potential oneshots and stories that you all would like to hear. Here's hoping I get back into the groove and possibly reformat this fanfiction and get better at writing any other fanfiction in the future. On that note, I formatted this chapter a bit differently than all of the others. As such, let me know your opinions on which style you guys prefer!

Moving forward, I will now state that in the foreseeable future I will make an Ao3 and Fanfiction.net account. Mainly because ads on Wattpad (at least for me on my phone and computer if I don't have an ad block) are getting really annoying. As such when I make accounts (and figure out the mess that is uploading chapters) on said fanfiction sites, I'll post them in my profile or place them in a chapter. (That is, I have no idea how posting, editing, etc. works on AO3 and Fanfiction.net. All I know is how to browse other people's fanfiction. So wish me luck).

In any case, to end off, thank you for listening to me rant on, and I'll try to post the next real chapter soon! Thank you all so much for reading, and next time hopefully I'm not writing and posting in the middle of the night.