chapter fifteen

I walk into the area that we're having our wedding at and I look around. Wow Nora and Landon really did go all out for this wedding.

"Tessa come over here!! Hardin is going to be arriving in a couple of minutes and we can't have him seeing you yet!"

I look around hoping i'd accidentally crash into Hardin but instead I crash into Hardin's mom.

"Oh my gosh Tessa!! You look so beautiful! I can't believe that I couldn't make it earlier! My flight got delayed but i'm glad I got to see you before the wedding!"

"Trish!! It's okay!! Come with me we can get my makeup reading back here with everyone else!"

We walk over to where Nora was at and start to put makeup on my face.

*An hour later*

Landon walks into the room right after I finished getting ready and has a worried face. Nora walks over to him to try and calm him down but he starts to whisper things to her. She looks over to me and whispers something back.

"Tessa, Hardin is having a panic attack and he's trying to run away from the wedding.."

My heart breaks into pieces, but I know he won't leave me again. I hope.

"I have to talk to him Nora. It's the only way to keep him from walking away.."

"Okay, but change into something else so he doesn't see the dress!"

I rush to see Hardin and I see him standing with his hands running through his hair.

He looks at me with sadness in his eyes and I start to lose hope.

"You can't be doing this Hardin. This was our chance to finally be there for one another."

He can't be doing this to me. After all we've been through. This will be the end of me, and my heart.

"I'm sorry Tessa, if I don't do this, i'll ruin us forever." He can't be serious, if he does this it will ruin us. "Hardin you can't, you can't do this to me."

Tears fall from my face and so does my mascara. This ceremony, the night, the place, and him standing here while breaking my heart to pieces...

"I love you Tessa, it's going to be okay... I'll come back when i'm ready."

I can't believe this.

"But what about me? Has it ever hit you that I will never leave you? I know you'll be back Hardin, but next time I won't have it."

I wipe my tears and instead of me watching him walk away from me at our wedding, I let him watch me walk away from us.

I suddenly turn around when I hear a loud voice.

"Hardin I can't believe you! After everything you have done to her?? You won't leave her like I left your mom a long time ago. What did that do to you? You turned into a person who couldn't be helped! Do you want your children to be like that? Unfixable?? You're lucky that you had Tessa to bring you back to reality afterwards but will Emery, Auden, and Allen be that lucky?? Get your ass back up and fix this Hardin. I am done with you walking away from everything!"

Christian is left out of breath and Kim looks shocked.

I run to Kim and she hugs me.

"I'm so sorry for him I really am but Hardin you deserved that."

"Tessa please talk to me."

"Are we doing this wedding Hardin? Or are you going to walk away?"

"I'll do it."

I smile and walk away to redo my makeup and to tell Nora about this.

Kim followed me back to fix up my hair while Nora did my makeup again.

"I can't believe he tried to walk away! Good thing Christian was there for you Tess."

"Yeah I guess but would Hardin have left if it wasn't for him?"

"Maybe but after that talk Christian gave him he wasn't so panicked anymore was he?"

Me, Kim, and Nora laugh until we hear music starting which made them rush to get me ready.

"Tessa you're ready!! Now go say I do and finally be Mrs. Scott!"

"I'll try Nora, but if I breakdown do something crazy so the focus won't be on me."

"Got it!!"

We both laugh as Landon leads me outside.

I decided to ask Christian to walk me down the aisle because he was as close to a father as I could get.

I see Emery tossing flowers behind me as I walk up the aisle.

I look up to Hardin who was emotional and was gathering up his tears in his eyes. I try to look away but after the fight he looks like he has gotten better.

Christian lets go of my hand as I walk right up the stairs to be face to face with Hardin.

The priest starts to talk and I stare up into Hardin's eyes, as he does to my eyes.

"You may now say your vows and your I do's"

Hardin looks up and starts to say, "I remember the first time I saw you, hopeful, eyes filled with joy, and most of all happy. You were determined to go to college. After the day we spent learning about eachother talking about goals, I knew that I truly loves you Tessa. You were the only person who made me feel good about myself, you made me want to be good, for you. I promise in the future that I will make mistakes, but I know marrying you won't be one of them. You are the love of my life and that will never change. I'll be the best version of myself for you as long as we are married. I will always cherish you in my heart. I love you Theresa Lynn Young and I do"

I start to cry a lot and when Hardin see's that, he wipes the tears away with his thumb while I rest my face in his cheek.

I realize that it's my turn so I start, "Hardin Scott, my favorite man in my heart. The first day I saw you I knew that you would be difficult to deal with and you were.. But that didn't stop me from loving you every single day after that. At Ken's wedding, you danced with me and held me. That day made me realize that just because you were broken doesn't mean that I couldn't fix you, because I did. After everything we have been through we finally have the life that you thought we'd never have. Before Emery, when we miscarried, I thought i'd never be able to have kids. I knew that I couldn't go through that pain again, of losing a child. But you were there to help me and now we have three perfect, adorable, healthy children. Hardin Allen Scott, you are the love of my live and you always will be. I promise to help you through anything that happens in the future, and to support you. I love you and I do want to spend my life with you."

Hardin also starts to tear up and everyone in the crowd starts to "aw".

"Now, I declare you Husband and Wife. You may kiss your bride."

Hardin cups my face and kisses me.

Everyone starts to clap and yell. Me and Hardin hold hands and walk back down the aisle to go to the party.

Everyone congratulates us and enjoys the party.

After everything that has happened it has finally become official. I am now Theresa Lynn Scott!

This is the end of this book but I will be making more content soon!! Stick around for more and thank you for 24k reads! I hope you enjoyed the chapters!!
-Andrea