5.Minnie may's sick

~

Third-person pov

Sunlight shone through the curtains in Rose's room as the sun rose. In her bed laid a sleeping beauty. 

Before she went to bed that night Rose prayed to god that her mother would soon get better.

She awoke and got ready for school that day. 

She wore a beautiful yellow gown with puff sleeves.

Rose was a very humble girl. She never liked people that bragged about how much money they had or when people make fun of someone because of their money.

She thought it was very cruel.

She went downstairs to make some breakfast for the family before packing some lunch. As she boiled some eggs she heard a noise coming from behind. 

Diana came down the stairs wearing a teal dress.

"You look lovely Diana," Rose said smiling at her cousin.

"Thank you very much. You look divine as well Rose" Diana said as she walked over to her.

The two girls giggled as Diana stepped into the kitchen to help her.

Rose cooked while Diana set the table. Everyone slowly came downstairs.

~

After breakfast Rose packed her lunch and headed to school along with Diana.

"So did they like the biscuits you baked them?" Asked Diana.

"Yeah, they did," Rose replied while swinging her basket. "I also saw Anne but she seemed to be in a bit of a rush.."

They kept talking as they walked into the schoolhouse. 

Gilbert saw her talking with Anne. They seemed to be in a deep conversation and he didn't want to interrupt so he just decided to give it back to her at lunch or maybe when school was over.

~

Rose's pov

After I hung my coat I went to my seat beside Anne.

" Hello, Anne. Why were you in such a rush yesterday?" I questioned.

She seemed to be a bit tense. 

"I-Marilla wanted me home early and I didn't want to be late," She said quickly.

"I have to go put my milk by the river. ill talk to you later" Anne said as she ran out of the room.

Now I was very confused. It seemed like she was hiding something from me. 

Class soon started and everyone went back to their seats.

~

The bell rang and everyone went to their places to have lunch.

I walked over to the back of the schoolhouse near a tree. I don't think the girls like me very much. I've been catching them giving me death stares in class. 

I nibbled on my bread when I heard a branch snap behind me. 

My head whipped around and I saw Gilbert holding a book.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you" he said holding his hands up in defense.

"It's okay.. I was just out of it I guess" I said as I looked down.

"I-I just wanted to give you your book back. You left it yesterday," he said handing me the book as he grinned. I returned a shy smile.

"Do you mind if I join you?" he asked. I nodded.